GigaOM has covered big data since 2006. As the de facto voice of the industry, we’ve handpicked the most visionary big data leaders for Structure:Data.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, has announced that a limited number of tickets are still available for the third annual Structure:Data conference, being held March 20-21 in New York City. At Structure:Data, the most innovative thinkers, practitioners and technologists in big data will examine emerging trends and reveal cutting edge business and technical opportunities.
Sessions at Structure:Data focus on the newest developments in big data. Highlights include:
- Bhaskar Ghosh of LinkedIn will be on hand to explain how and why LinkedIn is becoming a big data powerhouse.
- Hadoop hero and Cloudera co-founder Jeff Hammerbacher will discuss short-term bottlenecks that are impeding the progress of data science.
- Amazon’s Matt Wood will reveal why it’s important to capture, share and remix data-intensive pipelines.
- Continuuity’s Todd Papaioannou will explain how he is healing some of the biggest pains big data app developers face.
“GigaOM has covered big data since 2006,” says Derrick Harris, senior writer for GigaOM and chair of Structure:Data 2013. “As the de facto voice of the industry, we’ve handpicked the most visionary big data leaders for Structure:Data.”
More than 60 speakers will be on hand reveal how they are converting mountains of data into insightful new products and services, including:
- Jennifer Lin, Juniper Networks
- Emile Werr, NYSE Euronext
- William Gerhardt, Cisco
- Paul Maritz, EMC
- David Gutelius, Jive Software
- Ashok Srivastava, NASA Ames Research Center
- Phil Francisco, IBM
- Ira “Gus” Hunt, Central Intelligence Agency
- Heather Marquez, Facebook
- Silvius Rus, Quantcast
- Paul Meller, Google
- Michael Abbott, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Kevin Dallas, Microsoft
- Sean Gourley, Quid
- Eric Berlow, Vibrant Data Labs
In addition to panels and presentations, Structure:Data attendees will have access to more than 16 workshops, plus two mapping sessions led by GigaOM Research analysts on cloud databases and data marketplaces. Attendees will also receive a complimentary GigaOM Research Sector RoadMap™ report on next-generation databases.
A limited number of tickets for Structure:Data are still available. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#dataconf) to stay up to date on speakers, sessions and special events.
Some of the most influential companies in data have lined up to sponsor Structure:Data, and sponsorships are expected to sell out. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or (415) 235-0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.