Walsall, UK (PRWEB UK) 6 March 2013
Until 5pm on 2nd April, HomeServe will be offering landlords an annual gas safety check (CP12) from just £36 per property in the first year, almost half the price of other providers.
All landlords are required to have a CP12 annually for all properties they rent out, and for landlords with sizeable portfolios, the cost – and complication – can escalate rapidly.
HomeServe’s offering also includes a gas boiler service, which could save landlords money - and hassle by identifying potential problems with tenants’ boilers before they go wrong.
HomeServe’s Spring sale includes a range of home emergency cover related products, starting from only £62.48 a year. These offer landlords protection against a range of household problems, from burst pipes to faulty electricals to pest infestations, and allow tenants to call out help directly, helping to take all the hassle out of home emergencies.
HomeServe Membership’s CEO Jonathan King said: “At a time when many landlords are feeling the pinch, and when many of their tenants are demanding increasing value for money, offering a CP12 with boiler service at this rate can make a real difference. And as well as saving landlords money on the inspection, and potentially even more via a boiler service, it will also give them – and their tenants – peace of mind.”
Other products available are:
Product * Sale price Standard Price
Gas Central Heating Cover £227.57 £273.08
Gas Central Heating Cover £50 EXCESS £136.54 £163.85
Electric Heating Cover £103.90 £124.68
Electric Heating Cover £50 EXCESS £72.80 £87.36
Emergency + Cover House £120.06 £144.07
Emergency + Cover House £50 EXCESS £71.46 £85.75
Emergency + Cover Flat £90.79 £108.95
Emergency + Cover Flat £50 EXCESS £62.48 £74.98
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 1 appliance £36.00 £78.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 1 appliance & Boiler Service £36.00 £108.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 2 appliances £36.00 £84.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 2 appliances & Boiler Service £36.00 £114.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 3 appliances £42.00 £90.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 3 appliances & Boiler Service £72.00 £120.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 4 appliances £48.00 £96.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 4 appliances & Boiler Service £78.00 £126.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 5 appliances £54.00 £102.00
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12) - 5 appliances & Boiler Service £84.00 £132.00
- Sale ends 2nd April 2013, 5pm GMT.
The CP12 and boiler service includes:
HomeServe Annual Gas Safety Inspection
- Check the appliance for gas tightness
- Check the standing and working pressure if test points are available
- Check the burner pressure / gas pressure against the manufacturer's data plate
- Check for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test the flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check the satisfactory operation of safety devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the landlord
- Issue landlord gas safety record
HomeServe Annual Gas Boiler Service service which will include the following :
- Visual check on flue ways and terminal
- Clean the burner and pilot light
- Clean and lubricate fan where applicable
- Clean and adjust the ignition components
- Clean and visually check heat exchanger
- Check all disturbed gas connections
- Check all safety devices
- Verify gas pressure and heat input
- Check operating pressure and reset if required
- Check seals (gas and water)
- Test open flued boilers for spillage
- Full operational check and advice provided on using your heating more efficiently
HomeServe will contact landlords to arrange a gas safety inspection when it is due, using HomeServe-approved engineers, all of whom are Gas Safe registered and carry ID. The final gas safety record is issued to the landlord.
Notes to editors:
For more information, please contact:
Michael Sheen on 020 7861 3013
With access to thousands of engineers, Homeserve is a national emergency home repair service backed by a 24 hour claims handling and repair network. HomeServe' provides households with access to vetted tradesmen who are qualified to carry out various jobs around the home.
Homeserve also arranges insurance cover for plumbing, drains, electrical wiring and gas central heating.