The data collected by Gas Safe Register, the UK’s official gas safety authority has revealed that nearly 1 in 5 gas appliances were unsafe.
(PRWEB UK) 12 March 2013
It has been reported that the campaign, which is being trialled in the North West of the country has helped to save lives already. The data collected by Gas Safe Register, the UK’s official gas safety authority, has revealed that nearly 1 in 5 gas appliances were unsafe and could have resulted in gas explosions, fires, leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning. Tests were carried out on appliances in 1,616 homes.
Providing plumbers in Poplar, We Fix Now also offer a number of around-the-clock, fully registered engineers. The team regularly work to promote awareness of gas safety and so found the new figures released by Gas Safe Register to be particularly alarming. A representative from the firm shares some tips of how their readers can stay gas safe in their homes.
“There are two main ways to ensure you and your family are not at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning- through the care you take and through being vigilant over who deals with your appliances. Only ever let a Gas Safe Registered individual install, maintain or even service your appliances such as cookers. If you do come across someone working without registration you can report them through the Gas Safe Register website.
“It is also important to only ever use gas appliances for their intended purposes. There are still stories of people who use gas cookers to heat rooms but this is putting you and your family at a significant risk.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.