(PRWEB UK) 12 March 2013
According to ITV, Gas Safe Register, the nation’s official gas safety authority, has carried out tests in 1,616 homes across the North West. These tests, which were conducted in October last year, revealed that nearly one in five homes in the area were at risk of gas explosions, fires, leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning. Russell Kramer, Chief Executive for Gas Safe Register described the move as “a really important campaign” and claimed that gas safety “is a life or death matter”.
Best known for providing fast response London emergency plumbers, Emergency Plumber also offers Gas Safe Registered engineers. As such the team are dedicated to raising awareness over the dangers of carbon monoxide and the recent statistics have prompted them to issue the following advice.
“It is important to ensure that gas appliances in your home are installed by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. These also need to be checked at least once a year, to protect the safety of both you and your family.
“It is also important for people to be aware of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. It can be difficult to differentiate these between those of the flu, however be sure to look out for headaches, dizziness and nausea and loss of consciousness. If your symptoms get better when you are out of the house, this should spark warning signals too. If you are concerned you may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, turn off your gas supply if possible, open windows to get fresh air in and get everyone outside as quickly as you can.”
The team at Emergency Plumber continue to research the latest industry news and updates.
Emergency plumber is an agency run by Martin Smith. With 18 years’ experience in the industry, his aim to provide fast and efficient emergency plumbing engineers 24/7. The company operates within a wide range of areas in the UK including London, Plymouth, Reading, Coventry, Bolton and Newcastle. With a database of over 300 emergency plumbers, the firm is currently the fastest growing plumbing company in the UK. Customers can also contact the team for information and advice on gas related problems.