By using three TriCaster systems, our production team is making some of the top festival content available to our loyal community members who aren’t able to make it
San Antonio, Texas (PRWEB) March 08, 2013
Every year, South by Southwest® (SXSW®) draws more than 200,000 people to Austin, Texas turning the capital city into the epicenter of film, music and technology during the 10-day festival. With limited space and the increasing demand for access to exclusive events, SXSW is using TriCaster – the most complete multi-camera production system on the market – to take the show live to the web and give fans unprecedented access to the hottest events. For the first time, “SXSW Live” brings music showcases, keynote speakers, convergence panels and more through the Festival’s live-stream page at http://www.SXSW.com/live.
“Fans of SXSW want more live content,” says Russ Hull, Pro Media Tech Producer with SXSW. “By using three TriCaster systems, our production team is making some of the top festival content available to our loyal community members who aren’t able to make it to Austin this year.”
Designed for mobility and scaled for small spaces, TriCaster provides rapid setup, complete live production capabilities, built-in multi-track ISO recording, and the world’s most powerful switcher effects system, enabling users to create and live stream shows with big impact from any location.
In addition, the SXSW festival is not the only organization that will be extending live events to online viewers. A range of world-renown brands that are participating in the festival will also use TriCaster to live stream, socially post and showcase their products and events:
- MTV at mtv.com for MTV First on March 8
- TechZulu Trend Lounge at techzulu.com will be streaming live interviews with startups, SXSW panelists and VIPS.
- The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus at lennonbus.org will be giving tours and demonstrations of the bus which is equipped with the most innovative and professional audio and video production technology, including TriCaster
- Los Angeles public radio station KCRW will be broadcasting Morning Becomes Eclectic live from the Sonos Studio @ SXSW on March 11 to 15, from 11am to 2pm (Austin time) at sxsw.kcrw.com
- What’s Trending will be streaming live from the Samsung Blogger Lounge at the Austin Convention Center at whatstrending.com
- Robert Scoble with Rackspace at building43.com with Robert Scoble Live at Champions Sports Bar & Restaurant at the Courtyard Marriot
- Heartbreaker Banquet hosted at Willie Nelson’s Luck, Texas ranch on March 14th will pull clips via TriCaster throughout the night and upload to their social media channels
- Monster Products at monsterproducts.com will be live streaming, showcasing its leading-edge products and interviewing musicians and VIPs
- Soft Layer at softlayer.com will be live streaming interviews with a variety of industry start ups and tech influencers
“SXSW is one of the most elite festivals of its kind and its increasing popularity makes it more important than ever to expand the show through live streaming,” said Philip Nelson, SVP of Artist and Media Relations at NewTek. “TriCaster is the preferred choice of media professionals who want to create and live stream a show that looks just as good a network TV, and is the perfect vehicle to help them spread the SXSW experience to a global audience.”
For more information on SXSW, please go to http://www.sxsw.com.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
Clients include: “The X Factor,” ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- NewTek and TriCaster are trademarks of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.