Gas Safe Register has launched a new safety campaign
(PRWEB UK) 13 March 2013
According to The Bolton News, the organisation tested gas appliances in the town and found 10% of appliances in peoples’ homes to be unsafe. It ruled that these appliances could have caused gas explosions, fires, leaks and carbon monoxide poisoning if left untreated. As such Gas Safe Register has launched a new safety campaign, backed by Kerrinne Boara, who fell victim to work carried out by an unregistered engineer.
Along with her partner and two children, Mrs Boara suffered from headaches and tiredness during the 5 month period before qualified workers realised that a flue was not installed correctly and her gas fire was not connected properly.
Providing emergency plumbing in Ilford, the team at We Fix Now also offer fully trained Gas Safe registered engineers. As such they understand the importance of being selective over who carries out work in your home. A representative from the firm shares their thoughts on the matter.
“It is illegal, not to mention extremely dangerous, to allow someone to carry out gas work on your home who is not Gas Safe Registered, even if they then get the work checked by someone who is. This work could include maintenance, servicing, repairing, altering the fitting and removing.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.