London (PRWEB UK) 11 March 2013
To satisfy the world’s increasing thirst for energy oil and gas companies must access new hydrocarbon sources wherever they are - in remote and hazardous operating environments. Their success going forward lies in minimising operational risks and leveraging existing assets while boosting effectiveness, reliability and productivity. This requires a transformation in the way operations are managed – one enabled by a dynamic communication network infrastructure.
Furthermore, those in the oil and gas sector work in some of the most dangerous, harsh and remote environments on earth. Far removed from infrastructure, support teams and in extreme temperatures and unpredictable weather conditions. Secure, scalable and, most importantly, reliable communications, are vital for the success of all involved.
Against this backdrop, SMi Group's Oil and Gas Telecommunications conference will focus on upstream, midstream and downstream aspects of oil and gas telecommunications. The conference will go on to cover operational requirements from end to end; plus new sessions this year include case studies on smart field optimisation, network monitoring, maritime and air - sea search and rescue, offshore broadband telecommunications infrastructure, and IT security for offshore developments.
Key Speakers include:
- Andrew Mabian, Head Of Production Operations, Systems and Business Improvements/SmartFields Project Manager, Shell/Salym Petroleum Development
- Beate Kvamstad, Research Scientist, Norwegian Marine Technology Research Institute
- David Barker, Senior IT Business Specialist, Marathon Oil
- Frank Smiddy, Senior C & I Design Engineer, Bord Gáis Networks
- Ian Theophilus, Global I.S. Infrastructure Operations Manager, Tullow Oil plc
- Jan Robert Moen, Telecommunications Advisor, StatoilHydro
- John Williams, Professor of Information Engineering and Director, Geospatial Data Centre, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ketil Moe, Executive Officer, 330 Squadron, Royal Norwegian Air Force
- Petros Theodorakis, Information & Communications Technology Director, DESFA
- Torbjørn Kristiansen, Leading Advisor, Upstream Telecoms, StatoilHydro
For more information about this event, visit http://ww.smi-online.co.uk/2013oilandgas-comms19.asp
Alternatively, contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 20 7827 6054 or email jhitchen(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk