Kettlebell Trainer Lorna Kleidman Comments: Top Ten Fat-Killing Exercises
A recent Yahoo! Lifestlye article outlined ten of the best fat-blasting exercises out there. From kettlebell exercises to walking, these techniques will help you get in the best shape ever. Lorna Kleidman, a fitness trainer and kettlebell world champ, responds to the article, offering her own advice.
Bohemia, New York (PRWEB) March 13, 2013
On March 13, Lorna Kleidman, kettlebell expert and world champion in the sport, responds to an article from Yahoo! Lifestyle on the ten best exercises to get rid of fat.
1. Number one on the list: interval training. Interval training helps boost adrenaline and growth hormones, according to the article. This will help you burn fat as well as suppress your appetite.
- 2. The second exercise that the article lists is the plank. Not only do planks help work out your core, they force the body to burn energy. “To make this exercise harder push your body up from the plank position and support your weight using one hand, before bringing up your other hand and supporting your weight with that too,” the article suggests.
- 3. Next on the list are kettlebell exercises. By increasing your heart rate through aerobics while also burning fat in flabby areas, these exercises will leave you looking toned and slim. “Kettlebell exercises are especially good for helping you establishing a strong and beautiful mid-section,” says Kleidman, adding that kettlebells are great for anyone looking to get in shape, even beginners. Just be sure to consult a personal trainer beforehand.
- 4. The article goes on to say that while running, you should run just below your lactate threshold. “The Journal of Sports Science and Medicine found that men who were relatively unfit burnt more fat when they ran just below their lactate threshold compared to very fit athletes,” according to the article. In order to find your threshold, accelerate your speed while running until your muscles begin to burn. This is your threshold, and you should run just a little slower.
- 5. Metabolic resistance training is another great way to burn fat, according to the article. This means you should do exercises that use muscle groups throughout your entire body, and do them back-to-back at high intensity.
- 6. High knees are another simple and effective way to burn fat, says the article. “When performing high knees keep your back straight and bring your knees up as high as possible towards your chest, swinging your arms to stay balanced.”
- 7. Another great way to burn fat throughout your exercise is to lift weights. “Some women worry that lifting will cause them to bulk up, but that's just not true,” Kleidman said. “Unless you're taking in testosterone or a significant amount of extra calories, weight training won't actually build mass. Just like with kettlebell exercises, weightlifting will tone all of your body’s muscle groups.”
- 8. The technique known as “super sets” can also help burn fat. According to the article, “doing two exercises back-to-back that work different parts of your body is an ideal way to burn fat because your heart rate is kept high throughout your session.”
- 9. Next on the list is skipping. Skipping is actually a high-intensity aerobic exercise, according to the article.
- 10. Lastly, walking can also help burn fat. Even though it is low-intensity, walking can burn a high percentage of fat.
Lorna Kleidman says that for those considering taking up kettlebells for the first time, it's wise to consult a qualified trainer to get you on the right track.
Lorna Kleidman is a three-time World Champion and World Record holder in kettlebell sport and the most decorated kettlebell athlete in the country. She developed the innovative methods used in KettleX as a way to bring the benefits of the bells to everyone in an easy to use, comprehensive and fun format. Lorna has been teaching individuals and group classes for the past six years.