Our Cancer Cover policies empower people by giving them extra money and choice at a time when they may feel most out of control. There is absolutely no restriction on what Cancer Cover payments can be used for.
(PRWEB UK) 13 March 2013
As two of the common cancers affecting men and women – Prostate and Ovarian cancer - are the focus of March awareness campaigns, AIG outlines how its unique Cancer Cover insurance policies provide vital financial and emotional help when it is needed most.
Ovarian Cancer is the fifth most common cancer in women. There was an average of 4,809 new cases of the disease diagnosed each year in UK women aged 20 to 75 years, from 2006-2008*.
Ovarian Cancer is one of the seven female cancers covered by AIG’s Cancer Cover Female policy, which together account for 40% of cancers affecting women in the UK**:
1. One or both breasts
2. One or both ovaries
3. The Cervix
4. The Uterus
5. The Vagina
6. The Vulva
7. One or both Fallopian tubes
There is a choice of cover levels, providing between £25,000 and £100,000 cash payouts on diagnosis.
Affordable and Flexible
There is no medical examination and no family medical history information is required to take out a policy. Woman living in the UK aged between 18 and 69 years old are eligible to purchase the plan. AIG does not cover previously diagnosed cancers.
- There are no rules on how the cash payout can be used; it could cover cost of extra childcare or home help, to cover travel or parking costs during treatment, or for a holiday to recuperate at the end of treatment
- OR there is a £1,000 payment for Carcinoma-in-situ (related early stage cancers which have not spread)
- Cancer Cover female premiums are from £6.99 for a individual aged 35-39 wanting standard cover
- A male or female partner can be added to the plan for a discounted rate and children are covered at no additional cost
- Full cover starts 90 days after taking out the policy
Premiums for a woman aged 35-39:
Standard (Benefit £25,000 - Premium £6.99)
Premium (Benefit £50,000 - Premium £14.49)
Platinum (Benefit £75,000 - Premium £22.94)
Platinum Plus (Benefit £100,000 - Premium £31.99)
Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers among men in the UK. Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year and more than 250,000 men are currently living with the disease*.
Prostate Cancer is one of the following male specific cancers covered by AIG’s Cancer Cover Male:
- One or both testes
- There is no medical examination and no family medical history is required to take out a policy
- UK male residents between the ages of 18 and 69 are eligible to purchase the policy
- The policy pays out a cash payment of set levels between £25,000 and £100,000 depending on cover level, on diagnosis of one of the four male cancers
- Or a cash payment of £1,000 for Carcinoma-in-situ (related early stage cancers which have not spread)
- Cancer Cover Male premiums are from £1.99 for individual aged 35-39 wanting standard cover
- The policy does not cover previously diagnosed or premalignant cancers – full cover starts after 90 days
Premiums for a male aged 35-39:
Standard (Benefit £25,000 - Premium £1.99)
Premier (Benefit £50,000 - Premium £4.49)
Platinum (Benefit £75,000 - Premium £6.99)
Platinum Plus (Benefit £100,000 - Premium £9.49)
See policy for full details of limitations and exclusions. For more information please visit http://www.aigdirect.co.uk, or call 0800 048 1652.0800
Commenting on the Cancer Cover policies, Hallie Harenski, spokesperson for Chartis, says, “The good news is that ovarian cancer and prostate cancer survival rates have improved over the last 30 years. However, while we often think about the emotional impact of cancer, quite often it is the financial impact that cancer sufferers need extra help with, while undergoing treatment.”
“Our Cancer Cover policies empower people by giving them extra money and choice at a time when they may feel most out of control. There is absolutely no restriction on what Cancer Cover payments can be used for. For example, it could pay for a partner taking time off work to help with running the household, or it could pay for a family holiday to celebrate the end of the treatment.”
A Sympathetic Ear
Four in 10 patients say it’s more difficult coping with the emotional aspects of the disease than the physical (Macmillan Cancer Support April 2006). In addition to helping with the financial burdens associated with a cancer diagnosis and treatment, Cancer Cover policies provide emotional help too: a specialist oncology team can provide information and advice about cancer, including benefits, allowances, grants and work related issues. They can pass on information about appliances and equipment, or specialist clothing that might be needed as well as advice on nutritional supplements. If required, they can arrange therapy or counselling for the policy holder and their family, as well as providing a link to other support services such as support groups and charities.
For more information about Prostate Cancer, visit http://www.prostatecanceruk.org.
For more information, please call Annabel Hillary or Hayley Lee at PR When You Need It Ltd, on 0203 474 0478 OR 07884 430862.
Note to Editors
*Ovarian Cancer Action
**Cancer Research UK, Estimated risk of developing breast cancer by age, females, UK, 2008
***Prostate Cancer UK
About AIG Insurance
- The CancerCover insurance products are underwritten by AIG Europe Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and part of the AIG group of insurance companies, one of the world’s leading general insurance companies, serving more than 40 million customers around the world.
- American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organisation serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Additional information about AIG can be found at http://www.aig.com | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig |Twitter: @AIG_UK | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig |
- AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.aig.com. Products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Not all products and services are available in every jurisdiction, and insurance coverage is governed by the actual terms & conditions of insurance set out in the policy or in the insurance contract. Certain products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Insurance products may be distributed through affiliated or unaffiliated entities. In Europe, the principal insurance provider is AIG Europe Limited.