The mobile experience is critical to today's learning experience
Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) March 14, 2013
Edvance360 has just announced its release of both Android and Apple apps for their current users. Edvance360 users can now access their institution or organization’s mobile site directly from Edvance360 Mobile™, connecting users anytime, anywhere to courses and communities. Faculty and students can download the apps for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play store to their smart phones and other mobile devices, such as iPhones, Droid phones, tablets, iPods, and iPads.
Version 1.0 of Edvance360 Mobile App enables users to:
- Check personal messages and alerts/announcements from courses, communities, and schools
- Read and reply to discussion threads in courses and communities
- View grades for current classes as well as grade history
- Attach files and view attachments
- View feedback from instructors via the Dropbox Tool
- Stay on top of tasks and deadlines
- Navigate course lessons and resources
- Access communities and secure social network
“The apps are designed to make it easy for faculty and students to stay connected to their courses and each other,” said Brian Gerrity, CTO at Edvance360. “We’ve provided a mobile version of the site for years and have always enabled ‘pushed information’ to mobile devices through our Mailbox and text messaging notification features, but now we are excited to enable users to participate in their courses through a native app designed specifically for their needs on the ‘go’.”
“Today’s student and faculty member is mobile and in need of tools to help make their lives more streamlined. At Edvance360, we have always been committed to technology that enhances learning and builds a sense of community, rather than technology that erects a barrier to learning,” said Cathy Garland, VP of Sales & Marketing at Edvance360. “We believe a well-designed native mobile experience is critical to today’s learning experience, so after much research and feedback from clients, we are excited to unveil our brand new apps, available at no charge.”
- This app is freely available for licensed users of Edvance360 LMS-SN; users will need to login using the username/password provided by the institution or organization to access content.
Edvance360 is a Learner Management System (LMS) and secure social network that equips schools, corporations, and organizations to host online courses, implement modular courses, and revitalize residential courses to make them more interactive.
Edvance360 provides an easy-to-use interface for students and faculty, course management and creation tools, a secure social network, Web 2.0 tools, and collaborative communities to help educational institutions build a networked learning environment.
For more information, please visit Edvance360.com or call 866-458-0360.