Protect Your Bubble, travel insurance brand and, has a list of five great travel tips to make this vacation one to remember for a good, long while.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 14, 2013
The National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. is one of the finest in the nation. Protect Your Bubble, travel insurance brand and, has a list of five great travel tips to make this vacation one to remember for a good, long while.
- Time the visit – Cherry trees begin blooming in March, but the height of the blooming days is March 26 through April 3. The website for the National Cherry Blossom Festival has details, schedule and events already posted, and the event runs from the 26th to the 10th of April. Many schools have Spring Break around this time, so it is an ideal time.
- Crowds – It is D.C. after all, so crowds are almost unavoidable. Note the ‘almost’ part. Catch the early morning’s rays at the Tidal Basin by the National Mall or plan on an evening stroll. Either way, crowds are much more likely to be thinner at those two times. If it is on a Spring Break, even better, because most of D.C. is working, or should be.
- Dress in layers and comfortable shoes – The early spring in D.C. can be chilly and warm quickly. Leave the heavy winter jacket at home and definitely do not wear bulky pants. Since there is a lot to see on foot, wear sneakers or walking shoes to take in most everything. Bring a backpack with shorts in it; put the jacket in there when done.
- Bring food – The Tidal Basin is quite removed from delis and restaurants, but pack a sandwich and a blanket for a picnic on the greens. It is cheap, fun and a great way to continue enjoying the sights, sounds and people in D.C. Once done, throw everything back in the backpack and continue on the sight seeing.
- Avoid driving if possible – Parking in D.C. is a nightmare and traffic is doubly so. Unless there are plans to get up exceptionally early and leave exceptionally late, driving can be difficult. The Metro is good but still plan on walking. Hail a cab is fine, but fares get expensive quickly. Ultimately, the decision rests on the wallet.
When planning your next getaway, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection starts at $14 per trip. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Rental Car - For those hitting the open road in a rental car, it’s important to remember that rental car protection is a great way to cover damage, trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble provides rental car protection for only $7.99 per day.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Renters – Plans protects customers against theft, fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, vandalism, water damage liability (where applicable), earthquakes and power surges in most states. Content limits start at $10,000, with personal liability limits under $100,000.
- ID Theft Protection – The program offers a full array of prevention services, including 24/7 access to credit reporting and education about identity theft protection. Detection services include credit and identity monitoring, both important early warning tools that notify customers about potential fraud involving their credit or identity. To resolve any identity theft incidents, certified resolution specialists are available 24/7 to work directly with customers to manage the entire resolution process from start to finish.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA