About a dozen tornadoes have damaged the state of Texas recently, and being a region struck by more tornadoes than any other, it is crucial that residents understand how to stay safe during such events.
Katy, TX (PRWEB) March 15, 2013
Last week, Missouri City’s Emergency Operations Center organized an initiative called “Severe Weather Awareness Week” in coordination with the Texas Division of Emergency Management and the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management. During this time period, officials were thoroughly prepared to help those in need during severe weather events, ranging from flooding, heavy rains, lightning, extreme heat and drought, and tornadoes. In addition, they worked to educate the public on how to stay safe from these catastrophes. The agents at Hamann Insurance Group are also dedicated to keeping the local community safe with reliable insurance products, and would like to provide some tips on home protection from tornadoes.
About a dozen tornadoes have damaged the state of Texas recently, and being a region struck by more tornadoes than any other, it is crucial that residents understand how to stay safe during such events. Hamann Insurance Group places priority in keeping individuals, families, and businesses alert, prepared, and safe from these violent windstorms and in preventing the windstorms from destroying their valuables, lives, and finances. Here are some tips to follow from the agency on how to remain aware and protected:
- Tune into the local weather reports for any alerts during a tornado watch.
- Practice tornado drills with family so everyone remembers what to do when a tornado is approaching.
- Homeowners in Texas should install impact-resistant windows and patio doors and have deadbolts for them. Maintain the roof, gutters, and outside walls as well.
- Discuss what a tornado disaster is ahead of time to help reduce fear and encourage preparedness.
- Designate one room in the house as the safe room during a tornado.
- Get to the most interior, windowless room on the first floor if there is no basement.
- As a tornado approaches, bring any loose furniture or equipment inside.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed so no projectiles hurt or damage property.
- After a tornado, be aware of hazards such as exposed nails or broken glass. Also, do not touch downed power lines and cooperate with public safety officials.
The team at Hamann Insurance Group encourages all residents to follow these tips, especially with the rise in treacherous weather. Their goal is to forge a three-way partnership with customers and insurance carriers to provide stability the community can rely on. The professionals believe building trusted relationships and offering reliable coverage promotes safety and protection across the state. If you have any questions regarding their insurance products for extra security, contact them at 888-568-8414.
About Hamann Insurance Group:
From their Texas offices, Hamann Insurance Group provides sound insurance solutions to both individuals and businesses throughout the state. The goal is to forge a three-way partnership with customers and insurance carriers to provide the stability everyone can rely on. The agents pride themselves on being able to help with a wide variety of insurance solutions. No matter what the requirements, business and personal insurance needs will be met. The agency is truly a one-stop solution. By better understanding the unique needs of the community, the agents can provide quality coverage options at a price that fits any budget.