Protect Your Bubble Shares Its Guide to a Family-Friendly Spring Break
Travel insurance brand shares tips for Spring Break – bound travelers
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) March 15, 2013
Spring Break is here and many families will be heading out of town, hoping to avoid the college crowd. But it is not as difficult as many would think. Protect Your Bubble, travel insurance brand, has a list of ten great places for the family on Spring Break.
Amelia Island, Florida – Near Jacksonville and Jacksonville International Airport, Amelia Island is peaceful and beautiful. It lacks much of the over-commercialized aspects of most of Florida’s beaches, so it is a great family location. Lots of fun awaits on the beach from swimming to kite-flying. Nearby Fernandina Beach has shops and restaurants along with mansions on Centre Street.
- The Florida Panhandle – Before guessing, Panama City is not part of this equation. The vast majority of the panhandle has several family friendly beaches from Mexico Beach to Cape San Blas. Fort Walton is especially popular, consisting of separate “towns” and delightfully uncrowded beaches. Trails, dune lakes and lots of coastline offer plenty to do, and the trails are some of the best in the state. Sea turtles frequent these beaches for nurseries. Look but do not touch; they are federally protected species.
- Hilton Head, South Carolina – Twelve miles long, five miles wide and 14 miles of beaches await. Golf courses and bike paths are so numerous one cannot play a round or bike the same path twice in a week. Savannah and Charleston are close by car, perfect for a historical look at the Old South and rich history.
- Orlando, Florida –It’s hard to beat Orlando for family entertainment. There’s Disney, Universal Studios and a few other theme parks, but this is only the beginning of Orlando’s charm. Catch a spring training baseball game, golf, tennis, spas and lots more for everyone wanting to do something different.
- New York City – Not every Spring Break needs to be about the beach, and New York City is wonderful in the spring. Mild weather means excellent opportunities to sightsee and walk the streets for some of the most iconic sights in the country. The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square and more are only the beginning. The boroughs all have a certain flair, so why not check them out?
- Wickenburg, Arizona – If beaches and big cities do not appeal, how about trying a real ranch? Rancho de Los Caballeros (Spanish for The Cowboy Ranch) is a working dude ranch. In business since 1947, the ranch clearly has an idea of what families enjoy. Children have activities starting at 8a.m. with breakfast followed by trail riding or work around the corral. Kids can enjoy swimming, crafts, sports and the like while parents relax and golf. Dinner is around the campfire for kids and dining room for adults. Most kid’s activities are included, so it makes for a vacation on the wallet as well.
- Wisconsin Dells – Mention Water Park in the Mid-West and Wisconsin Dells immediately comes to mind. Leave the sunscreen since everything is indoors with 125,000 square feet of water slides, rivers, wave pools and whirlpools. The Master Blaster is an uphill, that is right, water rollercoaster, and it is not to be missed. Drag the children out of the water for a Ferris wheel, go-carts, bowling and games.
- Galveston, Texas – Moody Gardens has everything and since it is Texas, it is everything on a large scale. During Spring Break season there are themed kids’ camps, a kids’ club, Texas-sized pool and a Water Park next door. Within the city proper is the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling and Rig Museum – featuring a real oil rig. A presentation on the storm of 1900 is available for those who need a break.
- Palm Springs, California – Once the winds lie low, the Starry Safari overnight at The Living Desert is worth the wait. Ride to over 8,000 feet and possibly see snow; layers are strongly recommended. Knott’s Soak City USA has seven-story water slides starting mid-March. The Joshua Tree National Park has Eco-Tours and Hummer adventures. Age/height restrictions exist on tours, so check before booking.
- Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo, Mexico – Four miles separate these two cities on the Pacific Coast and lie well away from the college age town of Cancun. Ixtapa has bike paths, golf, kayaks, and dolphin encounters. Zihuatanejo means fishing boats or a water taxi to Las Gatas Beach for snorkeling that will include the little ones. Restaurants and shopping abound and the Barra de Potosi is a nature sanctuary for a day trip.
When planning your next getaway, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection starts at $14 per trip. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Rental Car - For those hitting the open road in a rental car, it’s important to remember that rental car protection is a great way to cover damage, trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble provides rental car protection for only $7.99 per day.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Renters – Plans protects customers against theft, fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, vandalism, water damage liability (where applicable), earthquakes and power surges in most states. Content limits start at $10,000, with personal liability limits under $100,000.
- ID Theft Protection – The program offers a full array of prevention services, including 24/7 access to credit reporting and education about identity theft protection. Detection services include credit and identity monitoring, both important early warning tools that notify customers about potential fraud involving their credit or identity. To resolve any identity theft incidents, certified resolution specialists are available 24/7 to work directly with customers to manage the entire resolution process from start to finish.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA