Protect Your Bubble, specialty insurance brand, has a list of facts about tornadoes to help your family understand a bit more about this destructive side of nature (Source: LiveScience.com).
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 19, 2013
Tornado season is approaching. Even with the increased early warning systems and improved technologies, tornadoes still cause a lot of damages each year. Protect Your Bubble, specialty insurance brand, has a list of facts about tornadoes to help your family understand a bit more about this destructive side of nature (Source: LiveScience.com).
1. Tornado formation – When moist air is trapped under cold air, the warm air rises to meet the cold and the results are thunderstorms. Given a set of optimal conditions, the result can be a tornado.
2. Tornado locations – The U.S. is home to more tornadoes each year than the rest of the world with approximately 1,000 per year. The Tornado Alley, a stretch of land from Texas to North Dakota, is an area ripe for tornado formation. Cold air from Canada mixes with warm from the Gulf of Mexico.
3. Tornado season – The spring is historically the tornado season, ending sometime in mid-summer. Given the perfect conditions; they can occur any time of the year when the air masses meet.
4. Tornado damage – The amount of damage is rated on the Fujita scale and the scores are F0 to F5. An F0 storm may break a few tree branches and house shingles. An F5 storm will fling an average sedan further than 100 yards. The amount of damage left behind by the storm determines the score.
5. Tornado City – Oklahoma City boasts the dubious honor of having over 100 tornadoes touchdown and the first in 1893. Huntsville, AL is a close second.
6. Tornado readiness – Watch the local weather forecasts and pay attention. A weather radio in the home is a good idea as well. Basements and storm cellars are the best place for safety. In absence of either, an interior room of the home like a bathroom is the next best bet. Drag a mattress in with you if possible; lie in the tub and cover.
7. Tornado watch or warning – Knowing these two things can make a big difference in safety. A watch means the conditions for a storm are ideal; stay alert and ready to take cover if necessary. A warning means a storm has formed and is in the area – take cover immediately.
Protect Your Bubble’s Renter’s Insurance plans protect customers against theft, fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, vandalism, water damage liability (where applicable), earthquakes and power surges in most states. Content limits start at $10,000, with personal liability limits under $100,000. Visit ProtectYourBubble.com for a quick quote today.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Rental Car - For those hitting the open road in a rental car, it’s important to remember that rental car protection is a great way to cover damage, trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble provides rental car protection for only $7.99 per day.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Renters – Plans protects customers against theft, fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, vandalism, water damage liability (where applicable), earthquakes and power surges in most states. Content limits start at $10,000, with personal liability limits under $100,000.
- ID Theft Protection – The program offers a full array of prevention services, including 24/7 access to credit reporting and education about identity theft protection. Detection services include credit and identity monitoring, both important early warning tools that notify customers about potential fraud involving their credit or identity. To resolve any identity theft incidents, certified resolution specialists are available 24/7 to work directly with customers to manage the entire resolution process from start to finish.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA