Emergency Plumber Responds to Carbon Monoxide Scare

Share Article

As a family of ten are treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Chorley, the team at Emergency Plumber have issued information on gas safety in the home.

Plumber 24 Hours

24-hour plumber

Other gas appliances such as ovens also pose a threat of carbon monoxide poisoning which is why every homeowner should have an audible alarm fitted

According to the Lancashire Evening Post, a couple and their 8 children alerted the fire service after the mother had been experiencing severe headaches for a number of weeks. Fire crews were called to the couple’s home in Firtree Close at 3a.m. who also alerted paramedics and a gas board. Upon arrival, the fire crews helped to give the family oxygen and were informed of concerns over an open gas fire. The family, whose children range in age from 8 weeks, to their teens were taken to Chorley hospital for precautionary checks.

The incident provoked Chorley crew manager Ian Turnbull to “urge anyone with an open gas fire to fit a carbon monoxide detector.”

Other gas appliances such as ovens also pose a threat of carbon monoxide poisoning which is why every homeowner should have an audible alarm fitted. Best known for their London emergency plumbers, the team at Emergency Plumber also specialise in gas safety. As such they were naturally concerned to hear the news and were prompted to issue the following safety advice.

“If you are worried that you and your family may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, the most important thing to do is get fresh air as quickly as possible. Open doors and windows, turn off gas appliances and get out immediately. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, see your doctor or go straight to hospital and express your concerns regarding carbon monoxide. If you think there is immediate danger you can call the Gas Emergency helpline.

"One way of preventing the issue is by getting gas appliances checked annually by a reputable provider such as Emergency Plumber who can provide appropriate advice on the subject.”

The team at Emergency Plumber continue to campaign for gas safety awareness.

Emergency plumber is an agency run by Martin Smith. With 18 years’ experience in the industry, his aim to provide fast and efficient emergency plumbing engineers 24/7. The company operates within a wide range of areas in the UK including London, Plymouth, Reading, Coventry, Bolton and Newcastle. With a database of over 300 emergency plumbers, the firm is currently the fastest growing plumbing company in the UK. Customers can also contact the team for information and advice on gas related problems.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Martin Smith
Martin Smith Plumbing
07510814311
Email >

Martin Smith
Follow us on
Visit website