The mother had been experiencing severe headaches for a number of weeks- one of the main symptoms of CO poisoning
(PRWEB UK) 21 March 2013
It has been reported in the Lancashire Evening Post that the couple and their eight children, the youngest of which is just 8 weeks old, called the fire services over fears over their open gas fire. The mother had been experiencing severe headaches for a number of weeks- one of the main symptoms of CO poisoning. Upon receiving the call, Chorley fire crews also alerted the gas board and paramedics and the family were given oxygen and later taken to Chorley hospital as a precaution.
Commenting on the incident, Ian Turnbull said “although we’re not gas engineers, we thought it wasn’t burning properly and isolated the fire until the gas board arrived.” He also expressed the importance of carbon monoxide detectors for those who have open gas fires in their homes.
Best known for their Sutton plumbers, We Fix Now also offer a number of Gas Safe registered engineers. As such, the news was of concern to the team, who have shared their thoughts on the matter.
“This incident goes to show the importance of audible carbon monoxide detectors, not just for those with open gas fires, but with other gas appliances, such as ovens. Those who are worried they are displaying symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning should turn off gas appliances, open doors and windows and get everyone outside as soon as possible.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.