Chucking Content Can Increase Sales, Find the Edge Founder Says

Share Article

The decreasing attention spans of online readers means all businesses and writers need to understand the value of chunking content, the founder of business website Find the Edge has said in a new video.

News Image
Believe it or not, only 20% of people read everything on a webpage anymore. So you also need to cater for the other 80% who scan content

Find the Edge founder and expert online marketer - Kenny Goodman - has warned that writers and businesses may be costing themselves money by failing to break up written content and cater to the shorter attention spans online.

Goodman explains the benefits of chunking content in a new video uploaded to Find the Edge earlier today.

He believes that writers, bloggers and businesses can keep readers on their websites - and increase the chances of them reading and absorbing content – all through the simple act of chunking.

He said: "Believe it or not, only 20% of people read everything on a webpage anymore. So you also need to cater for the other 80% who scan content, and people who have short attention scans.

"This situation has been caused by information overload online, and the frequency of websites that use heavy sell tactics."

He goes on to discuss the various methods that can be used to chunk content, and break up large paragraphs of text.

These techniques include using numbered sub headings, only making one point per paragraph, and reading content aloud to test whether it flows effectively.

He also reveals a lesser-known tactic in the video, which writers can use to great effect. He said: "Illustrate the main point early in the paragraph, but save something good for the end.

"People often read the first and last sentences, and ignore what’s in between."

Goodman explains that taking these steps can make a big difference to the user's reading experience, and encourage scanners to stay on a webpage and absorb the information.

Website owners can therefore improve the impact their sites have – and potentially their conversion rates - by keeping visitors engaged through chunking.

The full video, an audio recording and a PDF transcript can be accessed here: http://www.findtheedge.co.uk/sales-marketing/content-marketing/how-to-chunk-web-content-so-readers-will-love-you.

Kenny Goodman launched Find the Edge earlier in the year, aiming to create an online space for business leaders to share insight and ideas. New content is uploaded on a daily basis, including articles, interviews and business news.

To find out more about Kenny Goodman, visit this page: http://www.findtheedge.co.uk/expert-panelist/kenny-goodman.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Kenny Goodman
Find the Edge
07540 368 439 0161 713 2506
Email >
Follow us on
Visit website