Russell Bruner has been featured in circus, vaudeville and burlesque shows all over the world. He was recently named “The King of Burlesque” by the Burlesque Hall of Fame in Las Vegas...
Salem, OR (PRWEB) March 26, 2013
Award-winning showman Russell Bruner and a cavalcade of variety performers will take the stage of Salem's historic Grand Theater in a show set to live swing-era jazz music, on Friday, April 5. The lineup features world-class jugglers, swing dancers, a cowboy comedian, a circus sideshow entertainer, a hand balancing contortionist, a cabaret chanteuse and a swing jazz quartet.
Russell Bruner has been featured in circus, vaudeville and burlesque shows all over the world. He was recently named “The King of Burlesque” by the Burlesque Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. Russell is an eccentric gentleman, juggler and award-winning swing dancer who incorporates acrobatics and object manipulation into his performance.
Joining him will be:
- Leapin’ Louie Lichtenstein – A cowboy comedian who performs a high energy act featuring cowboy tricks, whips, juggling, acrobatics, and music.
- Brittany Walsh – A hand-balancing contortionist who impresses audiences with her unique ability of balancing on her hands while she bends over backwards to shoot a bow and arrow.
- Curt Carlyle – A juggler who fuses world class juggling skills with fresh, innovative side-splitting comedy and audience participation.
- Neil E Dee - A circus sideshow entertainer who brings his comedic take on the classic art of sideshow entertainment including sword swallowing, feats of strength and other crazy antics.
- The Pink Lady – A cabaret chanteuse who will be accompanied by the swing jazz quartet composed of Paul Evans on soprano sax, Joe Haegele on drums, Will Amend on upright bass, and Joseph Appel on lead guitar.
The night is guaranteed to be full of good old-fashioned fun and classic swing era jazz in the classically beautiful setting of the Grand Ballroom. One night only! Don’t miss it!
Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door, and $25 for VIP. Online tickets are available for purchase at http://www.SwingTimePDX.com, or by calling Brown Paper Tickets' 24-hour live customer service at 1-800-838-3006.