No matter what, the best thing to do is evaluate safety first.
Fairfield, Connecticut (PRWEB) March 27, 2013
For motorists, being involved in a car accident is an unsettling situation. It can be dangerous and damages can be costly. On average, there are nearly 6 million accidents on U.S. roads annually. Recently, in Fairfield, there were two serious accidents to add to that statistic. During one accident, three-vehicles were involved in a crash that left passengers trapped inside of their vehicle, reports the Fairfield Patch.
After the SUV rolled over, the passengers became stuck inside. The potent odor of gasoline outside of the crash meant they would have to remain inside waiting for first responders. Police and the local fire department responded and freed the passengers, initiating care and stabilizing them, and controlling the gasoline leaks to avoid fire. Although this accident did not bring harm to the trapped occupants, the agents at The Russell Agency, LLC urge motorists to have a plan for this unfortunate situation.
In the event a motorist finds himself trapped inside of a vehicle as the result of an accident…
- Think before acting – is it safe to attempt to break free or is waiting for first responders to arrive the best action?
- Call 9-1-1 immediately, if you can do so.
- Do not remove your seatbelt – it is keeping you in a safe position for the time being.
- Consider purchasing a tool that can help you break free if it is safe to do so.
Tools that can help motorists break free from seatbelts and vehicles if it is safe to do so include:
- ResQMe: A keychain motorists can use to cut seatbelts and break glass
- LifeHammer: A larger version of the above keychain that can remain inside of the car
- The 4-in-1 Safety Stick: A tool that is built for auto emergencies. It can cut through seatbelts, break glass, and comes with a built in flashlight and LED strobes that can act as emergency flares.
No matter what, the best thing to do is evaluate safety first. In most cases, it is much safer to wait for emergency responders to arrive. These men and women will have the tools necessary to safely remove motorists from overturned vehicles. Additionally, any injuries sustained in the crash can be tended to immediately after being freed.
Once all is said and done, residents should remember to call their auto insurance company and report the accident and any injuries resulting from it right away. Connecticut residents with questions about their auto insurance or concerns about safety procedures for accidents are encouraged to give the agents at The Russell Agency, LLC a call today!
About The Russell Agency, LLC:
Family-owned and operated, The Russell Agency, LLC has been helping Connecticut residents find affordable and comprehensive insurance since 1941. One of the fastest growing agencies in Fairfield County, insurance professionals at The Russell Agency, LLC are dedicated to finding insurance solutions that match the unique needs of their clients. The customer is the most important part of their business model and the agents consistently strive to bring their customers what they need. As an independent agency, The Russell Agency, LLC is able to represent many companies and find Connecticut residents the most comprehensive plan for their needs, at a rate they can afford. They specialize in all different lines of personal and business insurance and can help Connecticut residents today!