Westport, CT (PRWEB) March 27, 2013
What makes Cloud IT and Business work to competitive advantage is innovation – innovation in how and where these technologies and services are used to enable new and better ways of doing business, and to enable entirely new businesses.
The latest strategic research report from Saugatuck Technology, Profiles and Profits in Innovation: Saugatuck’s 2012 Beacon Award Winners, presents four case studies in innovation for IT and business improvement, as evidenced by the four inaugural winners of Saugatuck’s “Beacon” awards, recognizing technology and business innovation by user enterprises. Those winners are:
- Actelion Pharmaceutical, for its innovative data analytics methodology and architecture enabling exceptional cost reductions in program tracking and regulatory compliance.
- Citi, for its innovative private Cloud infrastructure that drastically reduces service provisioning times and improves service levels while reducing total cost of ownership.
- Harry Rosen, for its mobility-enabled, in-store, BYOD-driven customer relationship, sales and marketing approach that enabled significant and repeated revenue growth through recessionary environments.
- UBS, for its unique, repeatable and cost-effective approach to mobility and BYOD capabilities in support of sales revenues and customer retention, while maintaining the highest security and privacy levels required and possible.
For the inaugural 2012 awards, all finalists leveraged advanced technologies in support of what Saugatuck calls the Boundary-free Enterprise™ – including the development and use of a new master Business and IT architecture that includes Cloud, mobile, social / collaborative IT, and advanced analytics technologies – all of which collectively help to reshape business and IT.
The Beacon Awards were developed to recognize excellence and innovation in the use of Cloud, mobile, social, and analytics technologies in ways to improve, drive, or create business in all areas of business and IT. Saugatuck Technology’s 2nd annual Cloud Business Summit, held on November 14, 2012 at the Westin Times Square in New York City, marked the unveiling of the inaugural winners.
Readers of this report will learn the following:
- What do we mean by “innovation” when it comes to Cloud IT and business?
- How can even the most traditional type of business leverage Cloud to develop better, and even new, ways of doing business?
- How does this type of innovation affect and improve other aspects of the enterprise, from lines of business to IT departments?
The 12-page research report, Profiles and Profits in Innovation: Saugatuck’s 2012 Beacon Award Winners, is available immediately via Saugatuck’s website. Ongoing subscribers to Saugatuck’s Continuous Research Services (CRS) can download the report after signing in to their accounts at http://bit.ly/Yydyp8. Non-subscribers can purchase the report at http://bit.ly/X9RqAm.
About Saugatuck Technology
Saugatuck Technology, Inc. provides subscription research and management consulting services focused on the key market trends and disruptive technologies driving change in enterprise IT, including Cloud Business Solutions and Infrastructure, Social Computing, Mobility and Advanced Analytics, key contributors to the emerging Boundary-free Enterprise™. Founded in 1999, Saugatuck is headquartered in Westport, CT, with offices in Santa Clara, CA and in Wiesbaden, Germany. For more information, please visit http://www.saugatucktechnology.com or call +1.203.454.3900.
To request a briefing with our analysts, contact: chris.macgregor(at)saugatucktechnology(dot)com.