San Bruno, CA (PRWEB) March 28, 2013
A new game called 16 Bit Arena is now available on six stores-- Amazon.com, GreenManGaming.com, Desura.com, ShinyLoot.com, IndieCity.com, and IndieVania.com-- and has been submitted to Steam through its Greenlight process as well.
The game's features are described as:
- Fighting in turn-based multiplayer battles up to 9v9, with old-school graphics that many may nostalgically remember from 90's-era Super Nintendo games
- Entering battle as a Warrior, Mage, Rogue, or Healer of either gender, and using a card to transform into any of 16 characters, adding their stats and abilities
- Elemental properties for every character-- collecting gems allows the player to choose theirs, and cast its magic
- Gaining Charge during battle allows for more damage, boosting specific stats, and more; it's also possible to save turns for later and use them all at once
- A high-energy soundtrack featuring real guitar
- Player can journey through eight intense Trials to gain cards and gems for use in the Arena
- An additional included game, the 2-player tactical-RPG-style Card Game, allows players to earn cards and gems as well
- Site includes a webcomic, updated weekly, featuring the eight Paladins from the game
With features like strategizing in large battles to the tune of real guitar accompanying retro graphics, this promises to be a very one-of-a-kind and just plain fun game. The game's trailer, store listing, how-to-play info and screenshots may be seen at the 16bitarena.com website.