“When moving away from legacy systems and utilizing more advanced and innovative platforms,we needed a solution that was capable and had tremendous customer service. We found everything we needed through Infinitt.” Christian Teague RadCore Labs
Phillipsburg, NJ (PRWEB) March 28, 2013
INFINITT North America, a leading provider of image and information management technologies for healthcare, announced today that they signed an agreement to provide cloud-based image archiving, retrieval and viewing capabilities to California-based RadCore Labs LLC.
RadCore provides highly specialized research imaging via independent, non-biased, centralized interpretation of images to measure the efficacy of drugs, biotechnology and medical devices in clinical trials. They currently perform close to 100,000 imaging exams per year.
RadCore offers specialty readings in all facets of medicine with core competencies in Cardiovascular, Oncologic, Neurologic, Musculoskeletal, Pulmonary and Molecular Imaging.
When RadCore goes live with INFINITT Smart-NET, the initial focus will be on echocardiography trials. Cardiovascular specialists will be comparing ejection fraction and other measurements, pre- and post cardiac device surgery.
Advances in medical imaging have led to increasing utilization of images for evaluation of drugs and medical devices. As more images are being generated, RadCore’s need for better methods to collect and manage images became a high priority.
In their search for a PACS that would meet their clinical research objectives, RadCore identified the following requirements:
- Remote Access. With a vast network of sub-specialty radiologists in facilities across the country and around the globe, they needed a web-based system enabling access to images and results from anywhere, and at any time of the day or night.
- Regulatory Compliance. They wanted a centralized archive where they could manipulate data, control access, standardize Quality Control procedures and ensure conformance with governmental, regulatory, and audit guidelines.
- Security: Understanding the importance of regulatory compliance and other safety concerns, RadCore also needed a system that would provide the high levels of security required to maintain Part 11 compliance and guarantee data integrity.
- Customization. They also knew they needed a vendor that would support them through customizations because their workflow is quite different from the workflow in patient-centric imaging environments. For example, they have to create duplicate studies for double blind trials.
- Automation. They wanted a system that would automate certain functions or decrease the number of mouse clicks for repetitive tasks to improve productivity, and enable them to deliver results quickly and at reduced cost.
- Reliability. They needed a reliable system that could provide high availability, while supporting multiple applications. The INFINITT PACS meets this requirement, having cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, neurological and other types of studies on a single database. This architecture eliminates numerous interface issues, hardware requirements and potential points of failure.
- Scalability. They needed a system that could grow as their volumes grow, and support newer modalities that produce a high ratio of images per study.
- Supports Multiple Languages. Since RadCore Labs operates a global network of researchers, they were pleased to learn that the INFINITT system supports English and 8 other languages.
The INFINITT Cloud solution has met these requirements and more. One of the greatest benefits is that it takes the responsibility for IT support off RadCore Lab’s shoulders and puts it onto INFINITT. This will give RadCore a competitive advantage, as they will be able to focus on delivering the very best service to sponsors, while INFINITT manages the hardware & software, and addresses all maintenance, updates and security issues.
About INFINITT North America
INFINITT North America, located in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of INFINITT Healthcare, a global company with more than 2700 PACS installations in 38 countries. Infinitt's web-based image and information management solutions include RIS, PACS, Cardiology PACS, Mammo PACS, Dental PACS, Ophthalmology PACS and 3D/Advanced Visualization software operating on a single database. This architecture increases system reliability, reduces costs and support requirements and simplifies workflow.
For more information, call 877-387-6960 or visit http://www.infinittna.com.