Thirty-three year old Williams had put the tumble dryer on and returned to bed, only to find the appliance in flames later.
(PRWEB UK) 29 March 2013
It was reported in The Shields Gazette that Yvette Williams and her four children were forced to flee their house when the family tumble dryer caught fire on Sunday 24th March. Thirty-three year old Williams had put the tumble dryer on and returned to bed, only to find the appliance in flames later. Upon closing the kitchen door, she then got herself and her children out of the house before contacting South Shields fire service. Fire crews arrived at 9.30 a.m. and extinguished the blaze which destroyed the tumble dryer and left the kitchen floor and fridge freezer damaged.
Best known for their plumbers in Camberwell, We Fix Now also offers a number of Gas Safe Registered engineers who specialise in the safe installation, maintenance and removal of appliances such as washing machines and tumble dryers. Naturally the team were concerned, and a representative was provoked to offer the following advice.
“Modern appliances are manufactured using a great deal of plastic, making them even more of a fire hazard. Yvette was right to close the door and focus on evacuating her family; however, it is important never to leave appliances running whilst you are out or in bed.
“It is also essential to have them checked at least once a year by a Gas Safe Registered individual. For landlords this is a legal requirement.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.