(PRWEB UK) 30 March 2013
ECO friendly homes in Newcastle city centre were visited by shadow cabinet office minister Chi Onwurah MP recently to show support for the UK house building industry.
The energy efficient Greenvale Park development, just off Stamfordham Road in Newcastle, is Miller Homes’ landmark site where all houses are built to at least code level three standard.
Ms Onwurah MP approached the NHBC to find out more about housing developments in her area, and visited the site to meet representatives from Miller Homes to discuss the housing market in general, planning and barriers builders are facing in the current climate.
Michael Dunthorne, operations director at Miller Homes North East, said: “Greenvale Park is a beacon development for our houses of the future, with energy-efficient features in every home including photovoltaic solar panels, rotary clothes driers, efficient boilers, low energy lighting, garden water butts and even a bike storage shed.
“Primarily though, it is a development of high quality homes for families; a new community they can enjoy in the heart of Newcastle. Chi was keen to hear about how we have been helping local families get on and move up the property ladder with the Government-backed NewBuy and FirstBuy incentive schemes and our own Home Exchange initiative, which have been very popular here in the North East.”
As part of the development’s launch, Miller Homes worked with children from Hilton Primary School to design posters around the theme, ‘my community,’ showing all the positive aspects of living in the East Denton area.
Chi Onwurah said of her visit, “I'm delighted to see new housing developments in Newcastle Central and Greenvale Park is a well positioned development offering a range of attractive family homes.”
Geoff Egginton, NHBC regional director, added: “NHBC was delighted to show Ms Onwurah some of the key construction work happening right here in her constituency. For over three quarters of a century, NHBC has worked with builders like Miller Homes and parliamentarians to improve the build quality of new homes and meet the needs of new-home buyers. The homes being built in Greenvale Park will provide much needed housing here in Newcastle.”
The Hawthorne and the Tolkien at Greenvale Park are Miller Homes’ first code level three show homes to be unveiled in the region. Phase one of the development saw 93 new homes built, many of which have now been sold. Phase two will see 42 further two, three and four bedroom homes being released in the spring.
Miller Homes has 10 active developments from Teesside to Northumberland including Greenvale Park in Newcastle upon Tyne, Alexandra Chase in Cramlington, Miller @ Wyedale in Walker, Bishops Park and Park View in Gateshead, The Meadows in Framwellgate Moor, Cobblers Hall in Newton Aycliffe, The Pastures in Darlington, Mariner’s Way in Seaham and Kingsmoor in Stockton.
For more information on homes at Greenvale Park in East Denton the site sales office is open from Thursday to Monday between 10:30am and 5:30pm or visit http://www.millerhomes.co.uk or telephone 0800 840 8502.
Notes to editors:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk
- NHBC's primary purpose is to help raise standards to protect homeowners. NHBC is an independent non-profit distributing company, reinvesting all resources in further research and work to improve the construction standard of new UK houses for the benefit of homeowners.
- NHBC is the leading warranty and insurance provider and standards setter for new homes in the UK. NHBC's ten-year Buildmark warranty covers over 80 percent of new homes built in the UK, having covered nearly eight million homes since it began and currently protecting around 1.6 million homes. Buildmark has evolved over the years, expanding to cover more areas, offering a greater scope of protection for homeowners.