As the top area in the nation for international buying activity, Miami has long attracted international buyers and investors.
Miami, FL (PRWEB) March 28, 2013
South Florida, the top area in the nation for international real estate buyers, continues to increasingly attract attention from consumers worldwide, according to the 26,000-member MIAMI Association of Realtors (MIAMI).
The top countries for consumers searching South Florida properties on Miamire.com (Miami Association of Realtors Property Search) in February 2012 compared to February 2013 were from:
1. United States
1. United States
“As the top area in the nation for international buying activity, Miami has long attracted international buyers and investors,” said 2013 Chairman of the Board of the MIAMI Association of REALTORS Natascha Tello. “But now we are seeing increasing interest from emerging markets such as Mexico, the U.K., and Asia. These property search results confirm that Miami real estate is increasingly attracting worldwide attention.”
Nationally, the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area is consistently one of the top markets for most of the highest ranking countries searching for property in the U.S. According to Realtor.com®, the top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged on Realtor.com® &
Realtor.com® International in January 2013 were:
- *Canada: Chicago, Las Vegas, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles
- U.K.: Los Angeles, Orlando, Beverly Hills, Kissimmee, Houston
- Australia: Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, Beverly Hills
- Ireland: Los Angeles, Orlando, New York, Boston, Chicago
- *Germany: Los Angeles, San Antonio, Colorado Springs, Miami, Las Vegas
- Japan: San Diego, Jacksonville, San Antonio, Honolulu, Las Vegas
- *India: Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas, Chicago, Dallas, Miami
- Mexico: San Diego, San Antonio, Laredo, El Paso, Calexio
- China: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Chicago, New York
- *France: Los Angeles, Miami, Miami Beach, Las Vegas, San Francisco
- *Netherlands: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Orlando, Las Vegas
- *Italy: Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, New York, San Diego
- *Brazil: Orlando, Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, Boca Raton
- *Russian Federation: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Orlando, Chicago
- Philippines: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Houston, San Diego, Phoenix
- *Spain: Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Miami Beach, San Diego
- *Switzerland: Miami, Los Angeles, Raleigh, Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach
- South Korea: Los Angeles, Irvine, Colorado Springs, Las Vegas, San Antonio
- *Sweden: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Naples
- New Zealand: Los Angeles, Calabasas, Detroit, Las Vegas, San Francisco
*Country with Miami or Fort Lauderdale as top searches.
Based on the 2012 Miami International Market Report, Miami attracts a significant number of buyers from countries not reflected in property search rankings above, including Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, and Ecuador. For the latest information on who is buying in South Florida, go to http://www.miamire.com/international/resources.
“These national rankings confirm Miami’s status as a global city and focal point for buyers and investors from markets worldwide, including some that previously were not as interested in local properties,” said 2013 MIAMI Association of REALTORS Residential President Fernando I. Martinez. “Buyers from countries such as India, Germany, Sweden, and the Netherlands were not actively seeking to invest in Miami, but clearly this trend has changed significantly in the current market.”
Miami 4th Most Searched U.S. City by International Consumers
Miami ranks fourth behind Chicago, Los Angeles, and Detroit among the top ten overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers throughout the month of January 2013. Fort
Lauderdale ranks eighth. If the Miami-Fort Lauderdale market were combined, the ranking would be even higher.
1. Chicago, IL
2. Los Angeles, CA
3. Detroit, MI
4. Miami, FL
5. Las Vegas, NV
6. Orlando, FL
7. New York, NY
8. Fort Lauderdale, FL
9. Houston, TX
10. Atlanta, GA
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 93 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of four organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward County Board of Governors, and the International Council, it represents more than 25,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has partnerships with more than 100 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.miamire.com.