ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA (PRWEB) April 15, 2013
VLAB Works, technology leader in virtual prototyping for software, hardware and electronic systems development, today announced the availability of new releases of VLAB and new VLAB Toolboxes, extending its portfolio for accelerating embedded software development through virtual platform technology.
VLAB Release 1.10.0 delivers:
- Memory Viewer. Memory viewer pane and APIs to allow users to view and modify contents of memories inside virtual hardware platforms. Both core-centric and peripheral-centric memory access is supported.
- Target Software Loading. Standardized support for target software image loading into core models as well as any models exposing a bus interface, including ELF, S-Record, and raw formats.
- Target Software Symbols. Support for target software symbol manipulation, including the ability to query symbol values, and use symbols in place of absolute values across the Software Debug Client API.
- Numeric Computation and Visualization Libraries: Additional Python libraries for scientific computation, enhancing the ability to describe high-level algorithms and computations in VLAB.
- Model Test Toolbox to facilitate testing of SystemC and Genesis models in VLAB, as well as create complete test suites.
New VLAB Model Toolboxes include:
- Cache Analysis Toolbox for ARM-based designs accelerates advanced analysis of cache memory.
- MSM Emulation Toolbox provides a simulation platform for development of Android applications and off-chip drivers for MSM-based phone designs.
- DSP Software Developer Toolbox provides an ESL solution for DSP software development - a path from algorithm development through partitioning and code development and debug.
- VBSW (Virtual Base Software) Toolbox enables an ESL flow for Automotive Software Components (SWC) including development, simulation and test of SWCs starting at the Matlab/Simulink level through C code implementation, prior to hardware and OS selection and integration.
Availability and Resources
The new VLAB 1.10.0 and Toolbox releases are available now.
Learn more about VLAB: http://www.vlabworks.com
- Videos on the VLAB Advantage, ROI from virtual prototyping, and demos of VLAB virtual platforms http://www.vlabworks.com/vlab-multimedia
About ASTC / VLAB Works
ASTC (Australian Semiconductor Technology Company) and VLAB Works serve global markets and supply chains for automotive, transportation, mobile, and multimedia electronics and embedded software. ASTC is a privately held semiconductor and software design services and solutions company. VLAB Works, a software products subsidiary of ASTC, delivers innovative ESL and virtual prototyping software for embedded software and system developers. VLAB Works and ASTC are headquartered in Adelaide, Australia, with over 100 staff, and offices in Australia, Europe, Japan, and North America. For more information, see http://www.vlabworks.com and http://www.astc-design.com.