Party for Pet Rescue! D'Errico Jewelry is bringing bling, fine jewelry, pet rescue and art together in “Precious Pets,” an event featuring incredible pet charms, custom jewelry, and a kickoff party with everything from an on-site chef to dog treats.
Scarsdale, NY (PRWEB) April 01, 2013
Party for Pet Rescue. D'Errico Jewelry is bringing bling, fine jewelry, pet rescue and art together in “Precious Pets,” an event featuring incredible pet charms, custom jewelry, and a kickoff party with everything from an on-site chef to dog treats.
“Precious Pets'” co-sponsors include the Westchester SPCA and Pets Alive. The event will take place April 4-6 at D'Errico's landmark log cabin store at 509 Central Avenue.
Highlights of “Precious Pets” will include:
- An open-invitation cocktail party from 6:30-9:00 pm, Thursday, April 4. There will be no charge for attendance.
- A trunk show by Meche Jewelry, otherwise known as http://www.nicedoggies.com, the nation's top manufacturer of made-in-America fine jewelry pet charms April 4th, 5th and 6th. These charms can adorn a pet's collar or woman's bracelet.
- A pet/person lookalike contest, the winner of which will be awarded a "Pet Care Basket" every evening of the event, on April 4th, 5th and 6th. Submissions can be dropped off or sent to richied63(at)aol(dot)com.
- A chance to win a personal portrait of an owner's pet worth $1,000 for every person who buys a piece of jewelry at the three-day event.
- Opportunities to tap into D'Errico's amazing custom jewelry resources and get everything from pet tags to good luck charms made.
D'Errico's is renown for its creativity, community involvement, sense of humor and professional skill. It has locations at 509 Central Avenue in Scarsdale and 159 East Main Street in Mount Kisco, NY, http://derricojewel.com/. Founder and owner Richie D'Errico came to dog ownership late in life, when his wife, two boys, and daughter persuaded him to bring Gizmo, a Wheaten Terrier, into his home a few years ago.
D'Errico also reached out to Meche Jewelry to put on a trunk show for the event. Meche is also known as "Nice Doggies.". A portion of the revenues from every Meche piece sold will go to the cooperating non-profits.
Meche has a national reputation for the quality of its pieces, which include everything from dog and cat charms that can be customized to match the color of the pets they represent to a stunning diamond cut in the shape of a dog's head and worth $16,000. That diamond will be on display at the upcoming event.
D'Errico is unique among jewelers in the region because of its incredible design and production capacities. The Scarsdale store is a virtual factory, capable of handling almost every aspect of jewelry design and production. The brothers pride themselves on being jewelry tailors who can perfectly fit every piece they sell to the purchases look, style, coloring, shape and physical attributes.
Images and further details related to this event can be found at https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPetsBenefitEvent, and at http://www.flickr.com/photos/derricojewelry/sets/72157633062347470/. For more information, call Sal D'Errico at 914-618-0068.