The Alliance Excellence Awards represent the best-of-the-best of these practices, and this year’s honorees uphold the Awards’ longstanding tradition of recognizing innovation and high performance. -- Art Canter, president and CEO of ASAP
Canton, MA (PRWEB) April 02, 2013
The Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP), the world’s leading professional association dedicated to the practice of alliance management, today officially announced the winners of the 2013 ASAP Alliance Excellence Awards. As is the case each year, ASAP recognizes the best-of-the-best in optimizing strategic alliances by honoring the most successful and innovative partnerships and partner programs by issuing awards in the following categories: Alliance Program Excellence, Individual Alliance Excellence, Innovative Alliance Best Practice and Alliance for Corporate Social Responsibility.
“ASAP is the premier destination to find case studies and success stories that serve as a blueprint for others to use in their operation,” said Art Canter, president and CEO of ASAP. “The Alliance Excellence Awards represent the best-of-the-best of these practices, and this year’s honorees uphold the Awards’ longstanding tradition of recognizing innovation and high performance.”
This year’s award winners include:
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Alliance Program Excellence) – Successful partnerships are a key part of this company's growth strategy. Takeda's Global Alliance Management (GAM) team has developed highly customized tools and processes, including an online toolkit, to ensure alliances are consistently and effectively managed. These practices are adopted globally and are scalable so that the entire group is operating seamlessly as it manages its portfolio of 45 alliances all over the world.
- exactEarth-Kongsberg Satellite Services (KSAT) (Individual Alliance Excellence – Small or Midsized Alliance) – The former, a start-up that has deployed several low-Earth orbit satellites around the world, teamed with KSAT, a provider of ground stations in the arctic regions, to bring to market a groundbreaking technology and service that enables electronic tracking of all oceangoing ships anywhere around the world—not just in port areas where previous ocean tracking systems were limited to.
- SAS and Teradata (Individual Alliance Excellence – Long-Established Alliance) – These two companies joined forces to revolutionize their customers' approach to business analytics and data warehousing. Since the inception of the partnership in 2007, the alliance has had more than 400 customer engagements and netted more than 250 joint customer wins.
- Schneider Electric (Innovative Alliance Best Practice) – A global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric's alliance marketing practice embarked on a social media strategy to promote its successes and increase collaboration across its critical partnerships resulting in an amplified message to key target audiences.
- Schneider Electric (Alliances for Corporate Social Responsibility) – As part of its Business, Innovation & People at the Base of the Pyramid (BIPBOP) initiative, which supports its commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy, Schneider Electric convened four like-minded socially responsible companies to meet an ambitious goal of training 100,000 unemployed people in developing nations to become electricians by the year 2014.
These award winners will be profiled in greater depth in the Q2 2013 edition of Strategic Alliance Magazine, the flagship publication of ASAP Media.
The Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP) is the only professional association dedicated to elevating and promoting the profession of alliance management. Founded in 1998, the organization provides professional development, networking and resources for cultivating the skills and toolsets needed to manage successful business partnerships. Active global members include AbbVie, AstraZeneca, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, Eli Lilly and Company, IBM, the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, Microsoft, Motorola, Novartis, Quintiles, Sanofi, SAS, Schneider Electric, Symantec, USAA, Verizon, VMware and Xerox. A complete list of global members is available at http://www.strategic-alliances.org.
ASAP Media, the media and publishing arm of the Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals, is an alliance of ASAP and JW DeWitt Business Communications. For more information, visit http://www.asapmedia.org and http://www.jwdewitt.com.
# # #