Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 03, 2013
Technori Pitch (http://www.technori.com), LA’s emerging startup showcase event series and entrepreneurial education community, today announced the second event in its growing Silicon Beach spotlight series. The inaugural Technori Pitch LA event held in February welcomed more than 300 members of the Los Angeles technology community, selling out the ROC Santa Monica and heralding inspiring presentations from a select group of promising entrepreneurs.
Technori’s April event will be held at Cross Campus Santa Monica, 820 Broadway in Santa Monica on Tuesday, April 9 from 6 PM to 9 PM PT – tickets are available for $15 through Sunday, April 7 and $20 for last-minute registrations at http://technorilaapril.eventbrite.com/.
This session’s keynote speaker, Noah Kagan of AppSumo, pioneered Facebook’s original and most popular social gaming payment platform, KickFlip, and hails from ground floor roles at both Facebook and Mint. AppSumo, established in March 2010, emerged as the first daily deals site for the web apps category – today, it serves more than 700k subscribers and is a reckoning force in the startup community.
Following Noah, this event’s crop of promising presentations will include:
- AdoptTogether.org (http://www.adopttogether.org) – A non-profit funding platform which helps deserving families raise money to pay for the costs of adoption in the US foster care system. Founders Chuck and Anne Fortener of Waynesville, OH have pioneered the project as one of the first crowd funding adoption platforms to emerge on the web – an offspring of the Hoping Hearts Foundation established in 2008.
- Artkive (http://www.artkiveapp.com) – A social archive app for capturing, storing and sharing images of children’s artwork. Launched in late 2011 by Co-Founder and CEO Jedd Gold, the service is a unique and guilt-free way to cherish family creations without the clutter of permanently storing every school project or precious, fridge-worthy drawing.
- BloomNation (http://www.bloomnation.com) – A community marketplace for people to list, discover and send unique floral creations by local artisans to anyone across the country. Established in August 2011 by CEO Farbod Shoraka, the presentation is joined by his lead of sales and strategic development, David Daneshgar.
- Cap That (http://www.capthat.com) – The first social, custom merchandise technology to capture any photo or video moment and transform it into a personalized product backed by a community sharing and shopping experience. CEO and Co-Founder David Hibbard works with artists, brands and franchises to bring a blend of licensed and UGC content to the surface of a wide array of accessories, apparel and wall art.
- Codewars (http://www.codewars.com) – A community where developers compete on code, sharpen their development abilities and influence top technology projects. The brainchild of USC Entrepreneur Club pioneer Nathan Doctor, the site joins other ventures with Entrefuse and a photography and design firm.
Born in Chicago, Technori Pitch has become a monthly sell-out event drawing the best and brightest of the technology, entrepreneurial and investment worlds out for the launch of innovative new companies, technologies and products. Technori Pitch LA brings one of Chicago’s most exciting start-up showcases to the burgeoning Silicon Beach arena, and is poised to capture the most promising new ventures headquartered in Los Angeles. The regional monthly series will continue expanding to more cities throughout 2013 and beyond.
Technori Pitch selects the most promising startups to present based solely on merit, inspiration and passion, empowering brilliant new ideas to launch without investment or funding. Technori’s unique blend of content yields in-depth profiles of entrepreneurs, the investors who fund them, and diverse technology stories from across the country – making for a community dedicated to the human experience behind entrepreneurship, innovation and risk-taking.
Technori LA April will sell out quickly, so please visit the link above for full information and to reserve your advance passes today.
Technori is building the best starter network in the world through incredible content, events, and connections. Established in 2011, Technori was originally founded as a passion project to elevate entrepreneurship and emerging startups. It has since grown in scope and purpose to encompass a national audience for all "starters," not just early-stage startups or seasoned entrepreneurs. For more information on Technori’s unique philosophy and mantra in the technology and entrepreneurial world, please visit http://technori.com/about/.
Event sponsors include Uber, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Grasshopper, CoFoundersLab, Miller PR, Silicon Beach LA, LA Tech Rise and more to be announced. Technori Pitch is pleased to join community leaders supporting LA starter culture including Amplify, Cross Campus, Launchpad LA, HUB Los Angeles, CraveLab, io/LA, StartupDigest, Built in Los Angeles, Doejo, YEC, LA Tech Happy Hour and Wet Ink Printing.