Emergency Plumber Responds to Carbon Monoxide Warnings

Share Article

The specialists at Emergency Plumber have responded to warnings from the fire service, following two incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning in homes in Wales.

Plumber 24 Hours

24-hour plumber

Both families were successfully treated, however the outcome could have been much more tragic

It has been reported by the BBC that a family of five, including three children under the age of four, were rescued from their house in Carmarthenshire recently when the property’s CO alarm was activated. The family, suffering from mild carbon monoxide poisoning, thought to have been caused by their boiler, were taken from Ammonford to hospital. An elderly couple were also recently found collapsed at their farmhouse in Llangollen. Air vents to their home had been blocked by heavy snow, causing exhaust fumes from a power generator to engulf the ground floor.

Both families were successfully treated, however the outcome could have been much more tragic and the fire service reiterated the importance of getting boilers checked. Carbon monoxide is so deadly because it is tasteless and odourless and can kill fast. Best known for their London emergency plumbers, the team at Emergency Plumber also offers Gas Safe Registered engineers throughout the country. A representative from the firm shares their thoughts on the matter.

“We cannot stress enough the importance of getting home appliances such as boilers, as well as ovens and fridge freezers, checked at least once a year by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. These should also be the only people that install, maintain or fix your appliances too. However, this is not a substitute for ensuring your home has a working carbon monoxide alarm.

“You can buy audible alarms from supermarkets and DIY stores for around £15. Remember to check yours is marked to EN 50291 and contains the British Standards kitemark, or another European approved organisation’s mark on it. It is also important to make yourself and your family familiar with the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.”

The team at Emergency Plumber are dedicated to promoting Gas Safety.
Emergency plumber is an agency run by Martin Smith. With 18 years’ experience in the industry, his aim to provide fast and efficient emergency plumbing engineers 24/7. The company operates within a wide range of areas in the UK including London, Plymouth, Reading, Coventry, Bolton and Newcastle. With a database of over 300 emergency plumbers, the firm is currently the fastest growing plumbing company in the UK. Customers can also contact the team for information and advice on gas related problems.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Martin Smith
Martin Smith Plumbing
07510814311
Email >

Martin Smith
Follow us on
Visit website