In Llangollen, an elderly couple were found collapsed in their farmhouse, after air vents to their home became blocked by snow.
(PRWEB UK) 3 April 2013
According to the BBC, a family of two adults, two young children and a baby were poisoned in their home in Carmarthenshire, thought to be the result of a faulty boiler. Fire crews from Ammanford were called to the property after the CO alarm was activated and the family was taken to hospital. In Llangollen, an elderly couple were found collapsed in their farmhouse, after air vents to their home became blocked by snow. Both families were successfully treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, however, fire services have reminded residents of the importance of getting their boilers checked.
Providing Kilburn plumbers, We Fix Now also specialises in boiler repair and safety, offering Gas Safe Registered Engineers for the safe installation and maintenance of household appliances. As such, naturally the team was concerned by the recent news. A representative from the firm explains the importance of gas safety.
“These incidents just go to show the importance of fitting an audible carbon monoxide detector. These can be bought for just £15 from your local supermarket or DIY shop. Always be sure to check it is marked to EN 50291and contains the British Standards’ kitemark."
“Homeowners still need to make sure they get their gas appliances checked annually by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, such as those provided by We Fix Now.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.