London, UK (PRWEB) April 02, 2013
In 2012, the worldwide biomaterials market was evaluated at nearly USD 44 billion. North America, followed by Europe and Asia, represents the leading market. Cardiovascular biomaterials formed the largest market segment in 2012, accounting for a market share of over 34%. Berkeley Advanced Biomaterials, Osteotech, Wright Medical Group, DENTSPLY International, Orthovita and DePuy Orthopaedics are amid the top industry participants.
The global biomaterials market is expected to grow at a CARG of almost 15% to override USD 88 billion by 2017. The growth is likely to be spurred by ageing population, ongoing technological advancement of the biomaterials industry, increasing number of biomaterials applications and growing investments in the industry. Such applications as wound healing and plastic surgery are set to see the highest growth in the forthcoming years.
New research report “Biomaterials Market (By Products (Polymers, Metals, Ceramics, Natural Biomaterials) & Applications (Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Dental, Plastic Surgery, Wound Healing, Tissue Engineering, Ophthalmology, Neurology Disorders)) – Global Forecasts to 2017” elaborated by MarketsandMarkets has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Biomaterials Market [By Products (Polymers, Metals, Ceramics, Natural Biomaterials) & Applications (Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Dental, Plastic Surgery, Wound Healing, Tissue Engineering, Ophthalmology, Neurology Disorders)] – Global Forecasts to 2017
Published: March, 2013
Price: US$ 4,650.00
The report provides unparalleled knowledge of the global biomaterials market. It presents all-round assessment of the market on the basis of product type, applications and geography. The research covers the actual market conditions in detail, examines key factors influencing the market, discloses data on the market size and value, outlines the market opportunities, contains supply chain analysis and presents discussions of the burning issues related to the industry. The study delves into the competitive environment, traces the recent business activities and profiles the leading players. In addition, the report identifies the prospects for the future market development through 2017.
- Insightful market overview: relevant data on the market size, value, segmentation; discussions of the burning issues.
- Extensive analysis of the major market drivers, restraints and opportunities.
- Supply chain analysis.
- Deep assessment of the market segments by type: metallic biomaterials, ceramics, polymers and natural biomaterials.
- In-depth review of the market segments by application: cardiovascular, ophthalmology, dental, plastic surgery, wound healing, tissue engineering, orthopedic, neurological disorders/central nervous system (CNS) and some others.
- Overview of the key regional markets for biomaterials.
- Thorough examination of the competitive landscape, snapshot of the most prominent business activities such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations, new product developments and launches.
- Profiles of the leading biomaterials suppliers and manufacturers.
- Future market outlook through 2017.
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at MarketsandMarkets page.