For years, custom event apps have been a big-ticket item that only larger events could afford. Attendify changes that by giving event planners simple tools to create apps themselves in as little as 30 minutes, with prices starting at $399.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 03, 2013
When KitApps launched in June 2012, the company’s plan was to help small business owners reach an increasingly mobile customer base with turn-key app solutions. The event industry was one of many KitApps targeted, but after helping hundreds of conferences, expos and festivals go mobile, the company decided to redesign and rebrand as Attendify to focus on events.
Attendify is also announcing the beta release of their new Social App, which allows event planners to create a mobile social network that’s unique to their event, complete with a timeline, profiles, private messaging, photo sharing and other event specific features.
For years, custom event apps have been a big-ticket item that only larger events could afford. Attendify changes that by giving event planners simple tools to create apps themselves in as little as 30 minutes, with prices starting at $399. Customized, branded event apps are now more accessible than ever. Attendify’s app platform offers a fully guided, step-by-step process for creating one of two white-labeled apps:
1. Guide App ($399/year) – replaces your printed event guide, saving time and money. The Guide App includes features such as a schedule, speaker and sponsor profiles, maps, and much more.
2. Social App (Beta) ($599/year) – features all the capabilities of the Guide App, but also allows attendees to create profiles, send messages, share photos, and it gathers social content in a single activity feed. Both apps include iPhone, Android and Web App versions.
Attendify’s new social app makes it easier for event planners to connect with attendees:
- An Event-Specific Social Network: A timeline pulls in all social content created at the event into a single feed. Attendees read through their timeline just like they would their Facebook or Twitter accounts, and can socially engage with one other via direct message without leaving the app.
- Attendees, Sponsors, and Exhibitors can be Featured: Attendees create their own profiles and set an objective such as “looking for business partnerships.” This feature gives attendees a face and a voice at the event, whether it is 50 or 5,000 people, everyone can be seen and heard. It also gives planners a place to feature sponsors and exhibitors, creating added value for their participation.
- Direct Messaging: Attendees (and planners!) can send public and private messages to one another. Planners and producers can announce schedule changes or reminders while attendees can break the ice and set up meetings. No more last-minute flyer printing!
- Share More than Just Words: Attendees can take and share photos with other attendees right within the app. Planners can give previews of upcoming events or feature exhibitors with instant access to every attendee.
…and that’s just the beginning. Attendify is planning to roll out more features in the coming months.
Further information including interactive app demos can be found at http://attendify.com