“Marketers are responding to our unique ability to engage health searchers,” said David Kopp, Healthline’s EVP and GM, Consumer Media.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 03, 2013
Healthline Networks, one of the largest and fastest-growing providers of health information services, today reported that its preliminary first quarter 2013 revenue reached an all-time high for first-quarter sales. The primary driver of this revenue growth was the media business*, which accounted for a majority of the revenue and 97%** growth from first quarter 2012 to first quarter 2013. Total revenue inclusive of media and Enterprise technology licensing was also the largest in the company’s history.
Healthline’s first quarter 2013 success follows a very strong fourth quarter 2012 performance, with media revenue up 95% from third quarter 2012 and up 57% over fourth quarter 2011. “Marketers are responding to our unique ability to engage health searchers,” said David Kopp, Healthline’s EVP and GM, Consumer Media. “Not only do we reach more health searchers on a monthly basis than any other health media company, we are engaging them in meaningful content experiences and inspiring consumer action.”
Healthline’s Success Snapshot
- High-quality media inventory on our owned and operated sites and on our partners’ consistently outperformed all of our competitors in terms of reach to condition-specific researchers.
- Custom marketing programs had 100% year-over-year growth, including condition-specific content programs, safe social solutions, content marketing, and multimedia experiences.
- Healthline continues to be the mobile health leader as the company rolls out site-wide responsive web design, providing health information seekers the best user experience.
- Unprecedented reach, targeting the low-funnel, high-quality consumers on Healthline’s partner, Drugs.com
- Leveraging Healthline’s user-centric approach, marketers will be able to integrate actionable content aligned with a positive consumer experience.
"Looking ahead to the second half of the year, our on-going investments in media and technology will further drive record financial results and enhance our value proposition with consumers, advertisers, and licensing partners alike," said Dean Stephens, President & Interim CEO.
*The media business for Healthline is comprised of its owned and operated properties (Healthline.com and HelpForDepression.com), as well as exclusively represented partners like Drugs.com (the largest drug research site on the Web) and its media network (the largest health ad network per comScore).
**Data represents preliminary numbers, final numbers are typically +/- 3% of preliminary numbers.
About Healthline Networks
Healthline Networks is the leading provider of intelligent health information services, enabling 100 million consumers a month to make more confident, informed healthcare decisions. The company's proprietary consumer healthcare taxonomy, the largest of its kind, powers a suite of intelligent health search, content, and advertising services. Combining advanced search technology with deep medical expertise, Healthline partners with a network of more than 31 trusted destination sites that include publishers, portals, search engines, employers, and health plans. Headquartered in San Francisco and named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 in 2010, 2011, and 2012, Healthline is backed by Aetna, Comcast Ventures, GE, Investor Growth Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Reed Elsevier, U.S. News & World Report, and VantagePoint Capital Partners. For more information, visit http://www.healthlinenetworks.net