In particular the peer-to-peer networking was a unique opportunity to thought-partner on strategies to best continue our government affairs efforts.
Leesa Tori, President of The Tori Group.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 03, 2013
The Care Continuum Alliance, the voice of population health, released the lineup of speakers for the [CCA Capitol Caucus 2013, the annual legislative and regulatory update for the population health industry and other health care stakeholders. The event, a day of health care policy briefings and targeted networking for senior executives and government officials, legislators and policy-makers, will be held April 11 in Washington D.C.
The agenda for the 2013 Capitol Caucus include:
- David Merritt, Partner, Leavitt Partners, LLC, a nationally recognized expert in health policy and a sought-after speaker, author and policy advisor will discuss policy essentials for population health management.
Panel discussion on Health Insurance Exchanges with:
- Mila Kofman, Executive Director, DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority
- Mohammad N. Akhter, M.D., Chairman, DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority Executive Board
- Saul M. Levin, M.D., M.P.A., Interim Director, District of Columbia Department of Health
- Brian Osberg, Program Director, National Governors Association, Health Division
Panel discussion on the Impact of New Wellness Regulations and Legislation
- Andi Fristedt, Health Policy Advisor, US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
- Rodney Whitlock, Health Director, US Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
Panel discussion on Health Technology Innovations
- Cora Tung Han, Counsel, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Matthew Quinn, Director of Health Care Initiatives, Federal Communications Commission
- Dr. Kathy Hsu Wibberly, Director, Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center, University of Virginia Center for Telehealth
“CCA is a member-driven organization, therefore the topics selected for the Capitol Caucus are what our members wanted and need to discuss,” said Fred Goldstein, CCA Interim Executive Director. “Each of these speakers is a recognized expert who will be providing unique insights; attendees will leave with a better understanding of policy and regulatory issues that will be affecting our industry in the next 12 months.”
Last year’s event was completely sold out. “So, this year we opened up 40% more slots and reduced the price to facilitate the participation of new members and smaller companies,” said Goldstein. Registration is still open, but there are very few slots left.
“Last year's day of presentations from government and industry experts was a one of a kind event,” said Leesa Tori, President of The Tori Group. “Open and honest dialogue among senior leaders about the legislative and regulatory challenges and efforts to advance population health was refreshing. In particular the peer-to-peer networking was a unique opportunity to thought-partner on strategies to best continue our government affairs efforts.”
More than 80 percent of last year’s attendees were CEOs, Presidents or other C-suite executives; other attendees included think tank and policy analysts, and health care providers.
For more or to register for the Care Continuum Alliance Capitol Caucus, visit [http://carecontinuumalliance.org/capitol_caucus.asp
Date: Thursday, April 11, 2013
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Embassy Suites Washington D.C - Convention Center
Address: 900 10th NW, Washington, DC 20001
About the Care Continuum Alliance
The Care Continuum Alliance represents more than 200 organizations and individuals and aligns all stakeholders on the care continuum toward improving population health. Through advocacy, research and education, the Care Continuum Alliance advances strategies to improve care quality and outcomes and reduce preventable costs for the well and those with and at risk of chronic conditions. Learn more at http://www.carecontinuumalliance.org.