It was concluded that 73% of the roads in the state were in poor or mediocre condition. The agents at Lyle R. Jager Agency know repairs will take time, but with a rise in pothole discoveries, they want local drivers to be alert of their surroundings.
Kewanee, IL (PRWEB) April 04, 2013
According to a study conducted by the American Society of Civil Engineers, the roadways of Illinois received a “D” for their conditions. It was also concluded that 73% of the roads in the state were in poor or mediocre condition. The agents at Lyle R. Jager Agency know repairs will take time, but with a rise in pothole discoveries, they want local drivers to be alert of their surroundings to prevent injuries and accidents due to these hazards.
With lots of snow and ice from recent storms, the likelihood of coming across a pothole on a road trip is riskier than ever. These holes typically arise in the spring, but they have appeared earlier this year than usual. Avoiding the dangers of potholes takes more than just being aware of the road. Therefore, Lyle R. Jager Agency is providing tips on how to be prepared when encountering these unpredictable conditions:
- Keep tires properly inflated on the vehicle based on the description in the owner’s manual. Too much or too little air heightens the risk of tire damage when hitting a pothole.
- When driving, try to avoid hitting potholes by watching the road ahead. Crossing over one could result in heading towards oncoming traffic or into another vehicle.
- Slow down when approaching a pothole if there is no other choice. Suddenly swerving onto the shoulder is very dangerous when avoiding potholes.
- If a road is poorly maintained, leave extra space between the car in front. This gives the vehicle more time to brake if a pothole appears.
- If other cars ahead are swerving, this could be a sign of a pothole, so be alert.
The agents hope these tips help local drivers remain safe and accident free on the road. If motorists are concerned about the consequences of hitting a pothole or encountering other dangerous road conditions, they can get more protection by having auto insurance. Lyle R. Jager Agency provides quality policies no matter what a person’s circumstances are. They are able and ready to make available options for all types of coverages, from standard, to SR-22 specific, to non-standard, and everything in between. If you are ready to talk with an agent, give them a call at 888.298.6006 today! You can also opt to fill out a free online quote for quick and convenient service.
About Lyle R. Jager Agency:
Lyle R. Jager Agency of Illinois doesn’t want shopping for insurance to be an overwhelming ordeal. They believe that insurance policies should be as unique as their clients, which is why they take the time to get to know the needs of their customers. They understand that providing comprehensive and affordable insurance options is necessary for full protection. Today, the vision is for the over 25-30 licensed employees to remain committed to fulfilling all the insurance needs of the community. As a member of the IIA of Illinois, the agency represents a wide range of carriers. They are appreciative of those customers who have been loyal throughout the years and extend a warm welcome to those who have yet to join the agency family.