There are more than 3,000 people killed and nearly half a million injured each year in distracted driving related crashes. This means it is more important than ever to prepare before leaving for a road trip.
Placentia, CA (PRWEB) April 04, 2013
The first week of April is National Read a Road Map Week. With so many people relying on GPS systems and their cell phones for directions, it may be difficult to resort to the old way of traveling for 7 days. However, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are more than 3,000 people killed and nearly half a million injured each year in distracted driving related crashes. This means it is more important than ever to prepare before leaving for a road trip.
The agents at Paul Kinan Agency are committed to keeping the local community safe when it comes to car-related accidents and injuries. This is why they are advising drivers who participate in Road Map Reading Week to research their travel routes before leaving home. Although it can be exciting to make new discoveries on the open road, it is also important to remain aware and alert. Here are some tips provided by the agency on how to stay safe on a road trip when using a map:
- Purchase maps of the states on a travel route. Determine whether a direct or scenic route will be taken.
- Avoid using maps that are old. If it was printed a few years ago, some of the roads may have gone through changes.
- Study the streets and landmarks that will be included on the trip.
- Laminate the maps so they last longer, stay clean, and are easier to store.
- Before leaving, calculate the miles that will be traveled. This can help project how much gas will be needed along the way.
- Try to pencil in stops for food, drinks, restroom breaks, and fun, especially on long road trips with children.
- Provide those staying at home with an itinerary and route of the trip in case an emergency occurs.
- If reading a map becomes too complicated, bring along a GPS device as a backup tool.
Getting lost may be part of any road trip, but being prepared for the unpredictable is the key to staying safe. This is why Paul Kinan Agency is ready to offer individuals and families who are planning a trip affordable, reliable, and personalized auto insurance. The agents can offer coverage options that meet the requirements of motorists across the state. With a focus on creating policies that exceed expectations, the team understands the importance of safeguarding a vehicle. Interested in a quick and risk-free quote? For more information on the options, contact Paul Kinan Agency at 888-758-7183 to speak with a friendly insurance professional!
About Paul Kinan Agency:
Paul Kinan Agency is proudly serving the needs of clients located in the Greater Placentia area and throughout the state of California. The local independent insurance agency understands the needs of the community and is ready to share its experience and coverage with its clients. The agency is committed to being the one-stop-shop for all of its clients’ needs, from personal to commercial insurance solutions.