The seminars at Miami Rum Fest feature a veritable Who's Who of world-class talent in the rum category offering their most engaging and informative presentations.
Miami, FL (PRWEB) April 04, 2013
Hosts of the Miami Rum Fest Grand Tasting events, held April 20-21 at the Doubletree Miami Airport Hotel Convention Center today announced a robust schedule of informative and entertaining rum-themed programs.
The annual gathering of experts and enthusiasts at the world's largest rum festival will feature a expanded roster of celebrity rum seminars presented by luminaries of the rum category from around the globe.
Among the presenters will be UK Rum Ambassador Ian Burrell from London, noted tiki author Jeff "Beachbum" Berry from New Orleans, Smuggler's Cove owner Martin Cate from San Francisco, Hemingway Cocktail Companion author Phil Greene of the Museum of the American Cocktail, Master Blender Alexandre Gabriel of Plantation Rum in France and noted spirits expert and international judge Bernhard Schåfer of Berlin.
Scheduled programs for Saturday and Sunday, April 20-21 include:
- Ian Burrell - The Tale of Two Rum Islands, presented by Anchor Distilling
- Phil Prichard - Classification of Rum by Feedstock
- Paul McFadyen - Navy Rum
- Ram Udwin - Rum Drinkers Guide To Bitters
- Martin Cate - History of the Tiki Bar and the Rise and Fall of the Exotic Cocktail
- Phil Greene - "To Have and Have Another -- A Hemingway Rum Cocktail Companion" presented by Papa's Pilar rum
- Jeff "Beachbum" Berry - Battle of the Ambassadors
- Nicole Ciani and Trevor Alberts - Rum & Sherry
- Stephen Remsberg - London Dock Rum
- Bernhard Schåfer - How To Taste Rum Like A Judge
- Master Blender Alexandre Gabriel presented by Plantation Rum
- David Cid - Bacardi Rum presentation "What's in the Bottle?!"
According to festival organizer Robin Burr, "the seminars at Miami Rum Fest feature a veritable Who's Who of world-class talent in the rum category offering their most engaging and informative presentations."
For a complete listing of seminar presenters and their programs, see the Miami Rum Festival web site seminars page.