Unified Information Access, powered by semantics, can serve as a critical differentiator for enterprise data management.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
Cambridge Semantics will present the case for Unified Information Access at this year’s Enterprise Data World event. Addressing hot topics such as data integration, the challenges of effective MDM and SOA, and enterprise information management, Cambridge Semantics founding team members will highlight how Unified Information Access, powered by semantics, can serve as a critical differentiator for enterprise data management initiatives. To learn more about the event visit http://edw2013.dataversity.net/index.cfm.
Three featured presentations include:
- Session: Data Integration on Steroids: Discussion and Demos of Unified Information Access as a New Enterprise Data Management Paradigm
- Tuesday, April, 30th at 7:30 a.m.
- Session description: Unified Information Access (UIA) is data integration on steroids. During this breakfast, session attendees will hear about the demanding requirements--any data, from anywhere, combined rapidly and by anyone--that give rise to the UIA paradigm. It's no longer good enough to be able to integrate databases and enterprise apps or dabble in text analytics isolated from other sources of structured and unstructured information. We'll punctuate the session with demos of the Anzo UIA software suite to illustrate what Unified Information Access looks like in practice.
- Panel Discussion: Integrating Semantic Technology with Enterprise Information Management
- Held Tuesday, April 30th at 3:20 p.m.
- This interactive panel discussion will address the basic definitions and typical objectives of EIM and Semantic Technology solutions; how they are being utilized together today and how do the traditional approaches typically differ for key EIM components; the advantages and issues associated with taking a semantic approach to EIM; and what the future looks like for semantic technology integrated with EIM.
- Session: MDM and SOA are Broken: How can Semantics Help Fix These Foundations of Enterprise Data Management?
- Wednesday, May 1st at 9:30 a.m.
- Both MDM and SOA solve specific challenges in assembling a high-quality enterprise data architecture, but both are broken. MDM can't keep up with the proliferation of systems, entity types, and the increasing importance of external content sources. The ascendancy of SOA has led to an explosion of services without effective governance in areas like impact analysis, change control, operation mappings, and service composition. While MDM and SOA are broken in different ways, the fix for both lies in the same place: semantics. During this session, attendees will learn how the flexibility and description expressiveness of semantic technologies can solve the key challenges facing both MDM and SOA in today's enterprise IT environments.
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics provides the award-winning Anzo software suite, an open platform for building interactive Unified Information Access (UIA) solutions. Enterprises face an increasing need to rapidly discover, understand, combine, and act on data from diverse sources both from within and across organizational boundaries. Anzo makes it easy for both IT and end users to deal with this need by rapidly creating solutions that leverage unified access to structured and unstructured data from varied sources in the context of specific business problems.
Cambridge Semantics is privately held and based in Boston, Massachusetts. For more information visit http://www.cambridgesemantics.com or follow us on Twitter @CamSemantics.