San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 04, 2013
Line2 announces the re-launch of Line2 for Android, a complete redesign of its award-winning application that exploits the full capabilities of the latest Android devices running Gingerbread to Jellybean and beyond. The result is an elegant cloud-based phone service with unparalleled voice quality and innovative features to fully customize mobile communications.
Just like web-based email, Line2’s cloud-based service gives consumers the power to access their Line2 account from Android devices, as well as tablets and Windows & Mac PCs. With Line2, calls can be made and received from anywhere in the world --- whether over a WiFi, 3G/4G/LTE data or cellular network.
“Android delivered on its promise of a smartphone platform that was open and customizable for all,” said Sha Fakiri, CEO of Line2. “We’re bringing those same principles to mobile communications.”
Features of Line2 for Android:
- Unparalleled voice quality – Line2 for Android incorporates the state-of the-art Opus codec and echo cancellation, for “in the same room” sound within the network and far superior calls to any number
- True mobility – Line2 works on any network – WiFi, 3G/4G/LTE data or cellular, and can be accessed from Android devices
- Cloud sync – calls ring on whichever device the customer is using at that moment, whether on a tablet or another smartphone, and all activity (including text content) is stored in the cloud and synced to the customer’s device
- Enhanced user experience – Line2 for Android runs faster, and is streamlined to optimize the mobile communication workflow
- Contact integration – Line2 utilizes existing contacts and phone numbers
- Access control – VIPs always go straight through, while strangers are screened, and spammers can be blocked
- Beautiful, intuitive interface – Line2 uses the Holo Dark design theme and the action bar
- No missed calls – Line2 alerts you when calls come in while the app is in the background, and calls are forwarded to a native line when the app is not running
- Multi-tasking – talk while emailing or browsing the web
- Free international roaming over WiFi
Line2 for Android is a free download in the Google Play store, with service plans starting at $9.95/month for unlimited calling and texting with no contract. Line2 Pro, at $14.95/month is designed for small businesses and families, and gives access to an auto-attendant, toll free numbers, extensions, billing management and more.
Line2 designs, builds, and operates software-based phone services that capitalize on the rapid emergence of smartphones, tablets, and the cloud. As this new paradigm changes how people work, play, and communicate, phone service has adapted to be smarter, more personalized, and device-independent. Line2 is making this happen with telecom services that improve productivity and protect privacy, offering a better work/life balance in a totally mobile world. The company is based in San Francisco, California.