Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 08, 2013
Two long-time pharmacy experts —the editor of the upcoming edition of the "EMD Serono Specialty Digest" and a specialty pharmacy executive who is also a member of the report’s editorial advisory board — will outline how plans and pharmacies can work together to deliver the best outcomes in an upcoming April 17 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), “Designing Health Plan/Specialty Pharmacy Partnerships to Reduce Costs and Optimize Outcomes.”
With the utilization and cost of specialty drugs continuing to increase, health plans expect the specialty pharmacies they work with to help contain costs without sacrificing member outcomes. Because these expensive drugs require a high-touch approach, plans expect more than just low-cost drug distribution from specialty pharmacies. Effective utilization management is critical to make sure members get the right drug at the right time at a price that doesn’t harm patient adherence. But many health plans may not be taking full advantage of what specialty pharmacies have to offer.
In 60 minutes of presentations, Debbie Stern, president of consulting firm Rxperts and founder and editor of the "EMD Serono Specialty Digest," and Randy Falkenrath, senior vice president of specialty pharmacy services at CVS Caremark, will tackle the following questions:
- What benefit designs are most effective in both the pharmacy and the medical benefit, and why?
- What management strategies are most effective to manage therapeutic classes with drugs that fall under both the pharmacy and the medical benefit?
- What cost share strategies produce the most cost efficiencies without sacrificing member adherence and outcomes?
- What tactics can help keep patient adherence up?
- What types of provisions should health plans be proposing in their agreements with specialty pharmacies?
- What specialty pharmacy offerings should more health plans be taking advantage of?
- What kind of outcomes measurements do health plans expect? What can specialty pharmacies deliver?
A concluding 30-minute question-and-answer session will allow webinar participants to get individualized advice on health plan/specialty pharmacy partnerships.
For more details and registration information on this April 17 specialty pharmacy webinar, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3p19_041713.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.