Our partners and their customers need to manage their WiFi user base as the demand for analytics from WiFi services is continuing to grow. With Wi-Trends 1.3, users have all the tools they need to operate and manage WiFi through a range of applications.
London, UK (PRWEB) April 09, 2013
Wicoms is a cloud based WiFi services management business and the creators of the unique Wi-Trends platform.
Wi-Trends works with any WiFi hardware and is the management and analytical engine for Guest, Enterprise and Public WiFi deployments – giving the customer the ability to control and manage user access as well as providing detailed reporting and analytics. The Wi-Trends software (hosted in the cloud or with a service provider partner) also provides the functionality to operate multiple services over the wireless network, including RFID and VoWLAN (Voice over Wireless LAN).
Wicoms has developed Wi-Trends as the de-facto WiFi management platform for the SME user and has established partnerships with Motorola resellers, starting in Europe and ready to expand globally.
These analytics tools offer the difference between simply allowing guests, users or customers to browse the internet or the corporate network and truly understanding trends and user activity. Now, with Wi-Trends management tools users can add, remove and build user profiles, with a simple menu driven command set, all from a web based cloud service.
Wicoms partners include among others, Skype, Jersey Telecom, Worldstone, CMI (Motorola award winning Platinum Partner). Current customer sectors include Government, Care Homes, Retail, Restaurants and Enterprise businesses. The software is fully featured and sold via partners on a subscription licence basis.
Wicoms has built WiFi platforms since 2007 and last year partnered with Skype to launch a free Skype branded WiFi service, sold by Wicoms to shops, cafes and other venues.
Wi-Trends is a self service cloud based WiFi network platform which has been developed to be independent of WiFi hardware and provide the blend of service applications that end users need, including Enterprise (BYOD), Guest and Public.
- Expanded Dashboard - The Wi-Trends intuitive dashboard instantly gives you an analytical overview of the WiFi services in your network. Here users and partners can view live user sessions and monitor information, while seeing at a glance faults and issues.
- Reports - The reports generated by Wi-Trends are extensive, from basic sessions information to advanced user trends analytics. Wi-Trends analytics have vast range reporting functions and export capabilities.
- Monitoring - Live monitoring information from venues is crucial for WiFi services. Consequently such monitoring is a key component of Wi-Trends analytics. All live monitoring and session data is overlaid on a map for clean and clear analysis and dynamic responses to traffic patterns, illegal activity or faults. In addition, there are options to add user escalation fields and fault reporting data.
- Management - Venues and Enterprise sites can now control and change user profiles, add or delete users and undertake a wide range of tasks as part of the WiFi service they operate. These features include voucher issue and deletion of users.
- On-Boarding and Devices - Wi-Trends is fully featured to allow user profiles against rules and conditions of the network design and business environment. The user profile is created, devices on-boarded and other facets of user management for a wide range of device types
are all controlled by simple to use intuitive displays.
Wi-Trends in this new expanded form, provides control and the complete flexibility business needs, to manage and operate a secure WiFi service. Whether enhancing an exiting installation, offering new services (such as BYOD) or adding a Guest or Public WiFi facility, Wi-Trends does it all.
Peter Hase, CEO of Wicoms said “This latest upgrade to Wi-Trends maintains our position as the leading independent WiFi analytics and management platform provider and further enhances the already successful Wi-Trends software enabling additional management features."
“Our partners and their customers need to manage their WiFi user base as the demand for analytics from WiFi services is continuing to grow. With Wi-Trends 1.3, users have all the tools they need to operate and manage WiFi through a huge range of applications and as always, without limits on the hardware deployed.”
Wicoms has an expanding range of service partners that engage with their customers to deliver a complete end-to-end WiFi solution and has plans to expand Globally with their platforms and partnerships.
Wicoms is a wireless integration business, selling with channel partners, to service and support the needs of enterprise customers that require sophisticated wireless solutions. Wicoms blends it’s own technology for user access and management of wireless services, with products from major industry players, to arrive at a fully managed solution. Wicoms has a superb pedigree working with customers and partners such as Skype, Motorola, Worldstone and JT Global.
In May 2011 Wicoms was acquired by Auster Capital Partners (ACP), a New York-based private equity and investment advisory firm. With the proliferation of tablets and smartphones, ACP recognizes that the WiFi sector is set for further managed service expansion. With Wicoms’ reporting and analytic functions created for the enterprise the Company has created a superior ability to deliver unique solutions to business.