'Purity Vodka’s significant growth in 2012 as well as its backstory and compelling packaging all helped it earn inclusion among our ‘Fierce Five’ brands within the Fast 50 roster,' said Donna Hood Crecca, senior director at Technomic.
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 09, 2013
Purity Vodka, the world’s most award-winning ultra-premium vodka, today announced their inclusion on food industry consulting firm Technomic’s recently released list of “Fast 50 Brands.” The research report highlights the spirits, wine and beer brands that achieved significant volume gains last year and are positioned for continued growth in 2013. Notably, Purity Vodka was heralded as part of the “Fierce Five,” the select subgroup of smaller brands acknowledged for their significant traction in 2012 with the trade as well as consumers.
“Taking our cue from Purity Vodka’s Master Blender Thomas Kuuttanen, who worked tirelessly for over a decade to create a vodka that was completely unique in taste, we obsess about every aspect of the brand, from the ingredients used and how it is distilled to our distinctive multifaceted bottle,” said Andy Glaser, president and CEO of Purity Vodka. “We’re excited to see that commitment being recognized and are honored that Technomic is highlighting Purity Vodka as part of this impressive group of wine, spirits and beer brands.”
“Purity Vodka’s significant growth in 2012 as well as its backstory and compelling packaging all helped it earn inclusion among our ‘Fierce Five’ brands within the Fast 50 roster,” said Donna Hood Crecca, senior director at Technomic. “Congratulations to the Purity team on the remarkable strides they’ve made to date and kudos on their inclusion on our premier ‘Fast 50’ report.”
The 2013 “Fast 50" includes 23 spirits brands, 14 wine brands and 13 beer brands and identified the honorees by analyzing not only volume performance metrics, but also by examining key brand attributes and supplier strategy and support programs contributing to the brand’s success. In developing the List, Technomic identified emerging trends and common themes contributing to the brands’ growth, which are also shaping the adult beverage market, including: Flavor as a key point of differentiation; brand “celebrity” involvement to provide momentum; attention-
getting packaging as well as craft or artisanal production. The 50 featured brands range from established names to newcomers brought to market by small producers.
About PURITY® Vodka
Purity Vodka is the world’s most award-winning ultra-premium vodka. With its heritage based in the 13th century Ellinge Castle in southern Sweden, Purity Vodka sprang from self-proclaimed “Spirit Geek” Thomas Kuuttanen’s lifelong quest to redefine vodka.
A world-renowned master blender, Kuuttanen has produced some of the most prominent whiskeys, liqueurs, gins, vodkas, and aquavits in his country. He spent more than a decade developing and refining the Purity Vodka recipe, which combines tradition and innovation into a unique taste experience. Using a secret family recipe and only natural ingredients –-including winter wheat and malted barley as well as natural spring water, rich in minerals and iron–- Purity Vodka reminds vodka drinkers that taste does matter.
The production of Purity Vodka is labor intensive and demanding. Using a vodka still made of copper and gold as part of its proprietary craft distillation method, Kuuttanen disposes of 90 percent of the spirit leaving only the “Perfect Cut” – or 10 percent – which is then used as the heart of the spirit. When all is said and done, the heart of Purity Vodka is distilled 34 times. The result: a spirit so refined that it doesn’t need filtration.
Purity Vodka continues to win top honors in the most prestigious international spirit competitions. Most recently, the brand garnered significant wins in multiple categories during the 2012 Vodka Masters Awards, sweeping the overall vodka category and taking the top title of Grand Vodka Master -- the first brand to earn the title of Vodka of the Year two years in a row. It is certified 100 percent organic by both European and US governing agencies and is tested to be gluten-free.
Purity Vodka’s enhanced packaging launched in late Fall 2012, emphasizing the craft distillation process and small batch, with each bottle bearing a batch and bottle number on a new plum neck label.
For more information, please go to: http://www.purityvodka.com.
Technomic is the leading fact-based consulting and research firm serving the food industry. Renowned for its fact-based, uncompromising approach to consulting and over 45 years of industry experience, Technomic has a rich history of serving the food industry's leading companies by tracking trends, advising clients, and publishing key industry reports. For more information, go to http://www.Technomic.com