Customers’ expectations are constantly evolving and companies that survive this next generation will clearly express a value proposition to their customers that is experiential.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) April 10, 2013
As a premier player in the customer experience management industry, TrendSource remains at the forefront of consumer insights that drive improved customer experiences and provides leading measurement tools to effectively monitor progress. Last month, TrendSource representatives joined 100+ prominent executives at the Customer Experience Leadership Conference, hosted by The Conference Board, to help marketplace leaders navigate the complexities of the modern-day customer experience.
A major topic of the conference was the paradigm shift that has taken place over the past several years. According to wunderman, the “Age of Information” has transitioned to the “Age of the Customer.” In her blog post, Jana De Anda, TrendSource VP of Sales & Marketing, declares that “having the best product, the best price, the best availability, and/or the best marketing/PR campaign isn’t enough anymore.” She went on to say, “Customers’ expectations are constantly evolving and companies that survive this next generation will clearly express a value proposition to their customers that is experiential. It has to be meaningful in its delivery and create positive memories that will last indefinitely to instill brand loyalty.”
Other themes from the conference centered on the following critical topics:
- Even companies that are distinguished leaders in their industries have a growing concern that they are falling behind on the customer experience and feel the need to begin a transformation of their own.
- Customer expectations are being formed based on premier service providers like Whole Foods, Disney, Virgin Atlantic, and American Express.
- Brand “storytelling” is an emerging art form that requires new organizational skill sets. It must communicate the brand story through many mediums using a multi-faceted approach to reach the omni-channel, multi-device consumer and ultimately showcase a brand from the inside out.
In order to thrive in the “Age of the Consumer,” positive and proactive action must be taken. Among the solutions are:
- The need for an inspiring and clear vision
- Employee engagement
- Rejection of organizational silos
- Implementation of tools to measure outcome/results
Conference attendees discussed a myriad of tools that can be used as a “scoreboard” for benchmarking customer experience management, including surveys, mystery shops, rewards/incentive programs, profit sharing plans and many more.
For the complete blog post, go to http://trustedinsight.trendsource.com/trendsource-takeaways-customer-experience-leadership-conference/
TrendSource has the unique distinction as a market research organization with ISO 9001:2008 certification. TrendSource provides business intelligence, customer experience insight, compliance solutions, and other market research and data analysis programs that deliver measurable ROI. With over twenty years of experience, TrendSource’s customized solutions deliver highly efficient Customer Experience Programs that quantify service gaps, provide prescriptive/corrective solutions, identify trends, and provide actionable solutions through enhanced reporting and analysis.
For more information about TrendSource, email trustedinsight(at)trendsource(dot)com.