We designed and constructed DrinkSkool in such an approachable way that virtually anyone can become an accomplished maven of spirits and cocktails
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 11, 2013
Award-winning beverage industry icons Dale DeGroff, Doug Frost, Steve Olson, F. Paul Pacult, Andy Seymour and David Wondrich, the founding members of spirits education company Beverage Alcohol Resource® LLC (B.A.R.), are delighted to announce that DrinkSkool, their consumer-oriented, on-line teaching program, is now operational. DrinkSkool.com is B.A.R.’s engaging, enlightening and entertaining on-line spirits and mixology education program that brings the expertise of six of the world’s foremost spirits and cocktail professionals into easily digested form. The program allows the consumer to work through ten in-depth and detailed Lessons, at their own speed, building up to a final exam. And best of all, DrinkSkool tuition is free!
With great bars opening up like wildfire across the country and across the world manned by some of the best bartenders of our time, consumers are only a hop, skip and a jump away from a beautifully crafted cocktail. And while those intricately concocted cocktail creations are a delight to the taste buds, recreating them at home can be arduous if not close to impossible for even the most experienced home bartender. Enter Drinkskool.com!
Says B.A.R.® partner Doug Frost, “DrinkSkool is the cutting-edge, step-by-step on-line resource for cocktail creation and mixology methods. We designed and constructed DrinkSkool in such an approachable way that virtually anyone can become an accomplished maven of spirits and cocktails…even Dale and Paul.”
Drinkskool is laid out in ten Lessons, starting with Lesson One: Mixology through to Lesson Ten: Preparing for the Certified Drinks Expert Examination. Here are five key benefits that anyone can gain by “going” to DrinkSkool:
- CRAFTING COCKTAILS. Watch B.A.R. Master Ryan Maybee (and IMBIBE Magazine’s Mixologist of the Year) craft the most important cocktails, cocktails everyone wants to be able to make like the Rob Roy, Margarita, Pisco Sour and more.
- TASTING SPIRITS. Discover how professionals taste and evaluate spirits and cocktails for balance and quality. (From Lesson Seven: "Lots of people insist that they can’t tell one gin from another, and wouldn’t know Islay from Rye. That’s a pile of poo.")
- BARTENDING TECHNIQUES. Learn critical bartending techniques and tricks like how to muddle mint, flame an orange peel and more from B.A.R. partner Andy Seymour. Did you know you should only muddle mint three times or else it gets bitter? (From Lesson One: "Mixology isn’t microbiology; when all is said and done, mastering it is a comparative cinch. You’ll see.")
- SPIRIT DEFINITIONS. Understand what differentiates a Blended Malt Scotch from a Single Malt Scotch; an Irish Whisky from a Japanese whisky; and an Armagnac from a Cognac. (From Lesson Five: "Though these spirits are all aged in wood, they are all as different as chalk and cheese. Hmm. That’s such a weird saying. Have you ever eaten chalk? Do not answer that question.")
- COCKTAIL RECIPES. Access an ever-expanding bank of new and classic cocktail recipes
Taking part in B.A.R.’s DrinkSkool is easy: simply log onto http://www.DrinkSkool.com. Once there, follow the Lessons (in order is best as each Lesson builds on the previous), view the videos, learn the recipes and become a member of an expanding community of cocktail lovers and aficionados. The consumer will find that each Lesson is chockfull of details and helpful definitions while the language and messages are fun, easy to follow and even at times, a little irreverent. After all, Drinkskool will show that making cocktails is meant to be as pleasurable as drinking them.
Drinkskool Lessons include everything you need to know to become a pro behind the bar:
Lesson One: Mixology
Lesson Two: Recipes
Lesson Three: How People Make Distilled Spirits
Lesson Four: White Spirits
Lesson Five: Brown Spirits
Lesson Six: Liqueurs
Lesson Seven: Tasting Spirits and Cocktails
Lesson Eight: Advanced Mixology
Lesson Nine: How to Judge a Bar
Lesson Ten: Preparing for the Certified Drinks Expert Examination*
*Get ready to join the B.A.R. guys for DrinkSkool’s next great iteration: THE CERTIFIED DRINKS EXPERT EXAMS! Coming later in 2013, the DrinkSkool exams that will earn you the right to call yourself a Certified DrinkSkool Expert!
GET TO SCHOOL – http://www.DRINKSKOOL.com!
ABOUT BEVERAGE ALCOHOL RESOURCE - http://www.beveragealcoholresource.com
B.A.R. was conceived in March 2005 over drinks in San Francisco. B.A.R. became a formal and legal entity in July 2006 and today is globally looked upon as the platinum standard of spirits and mixology instruction. The six founding members are Dale DeGroff, Doug Frost, Steve Olson, F. Paul Pacult, Andy Seymour and David Wondrich.