London, UK (PRWEB) April 10, 2013
In 2011, the global market for energy storage was evaluated at above USD 39.5 billion. Secondary batteries form the dominant market sector in terms of generated revenues. Asia is the leading regional market for energy storage. The second and the third place are held by North America and Europe, respectively. BYD Company Limited (BYD), Active Power, SANYO, Plug Power, LG Chem, FuelCell Energy, China BAK Battery and Samsung SDI are among the most prominent representatives of the worldwide energy storage market.
By 2016, the world energy storage market is predicted to grow at a CARG of over 9% to amount to almost USD 62 billion. It is likely to be driven by the ongoing development of smart grid infrastructure, growing energy demand worldwide, increasing government grants and funding and constant technological advancements in the energy storage industry. Meanwhile, concerns regarding safety of batteries disposal can presents a possible challenge for the energy storage market growth. Capacitor-based energy storage is one of the most promising market sectors, which is expected to grow at a CARG of more than 10% through 2016.
New in-demand research report “Global Energy Storage Market to 2020 - Targeting Transportation Sector Applications, Advanced Batteries, Ultracapacitors and Fuel Cells all Set for Growth” developed by GBI Research has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Global Energy Storage Market to 2020 - Targeting Transportation Sector Applications, Advanced Batteries, Ultracapacitors and Fuel Cells all Set for Growth
Published: April, 2013
Price: US$ 3,500.00
The report offers an extensive guide to the global energy storage market, by covering the actual market situation in detail and describing the predominant development trends. The study discloses relevant data on the market size, dynamics and structure, characterizes the main factors driving and limiting the market, evaluates the market opportunities and challenges, presents the comprehensive market assessment on the basis of geography, storage technology/device, application. The report sheds light on the major regulation and support programs in the sphere, delves into the competitive landscape, examines the performance of the top market players, reviews the completed and planned deals related to the industry. In addition, the research outlines the future market prospects and uncovers the forecast for certain market segments.
Energy storage devices/technologies covered in the report include: advanced batteries, fuel cells, pumped storage, flywheels and ultracapacitors.
- Extensive overview of the global energy storage market including data on the market size, revenues (during 2006-2012) and segmentation as well as leading geographies.
- Qualitative analysis of the main factors driving and restraining the market.
- Insightful study of the certain market segments (namely advanced batteries, fuel cells, pumped storage, flywheels and ultracapacitors): size, value, forecasts.
- Comprehensive assessment of the major market opportunities and challenges.
- Examination of the competitive landscape and profiles of the top companies active on the market.
- Snapshot of the key regulations and promote programs related to the energy storage market.
- Detailed description of the predominant development trends.
- Vital information on the most prominent completed and planned deals.
- Future outlook for the market development through 2020.
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at GBI Research page.