Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) April 11, 2013
On April 11, Flavor Your Life highlights the top health benefits associated with the use of extra virgin olive oil by listing five outstanding points that suggest consumers should consider regular use of extra virgin olive oil:
- Cell Generation: Extra virgin olive oil contains a wealth of unsaturated fats, which are known to benefit the body due to its ability to influence cellular health in human tissue. Unsaturated fats act like a sponge that absorbs substances contributing to cell generation. Consequently, needed mucous production improves the function of organs such as the intestines and liver.
- Resistance to Disease: Extra virgin olive oil has been documented to assist the human body in its resistance to numerous diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and atherosclerosis.
- Ward Off ‘Free Radicals’: The antioxidant properties of extra virgin olive oil are known to ward off what are known as “free radicals”. Free radicals are chemical reactions occurring within the body that have harmful effects. The availability of A, D, and E vitamins, as well as other compounds, work to counteract free radicals in the body and retard the aging process.
- Balance Cholesterol: Extra virgin olive oil can also help manage an individual’s cholesterol levels. HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol are popularly known as “good” and “bad” cholesterol, respectively. Extra virgin olive oil is known to promote HDL cholesterol levels and limit LDL cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the buildup of atherosclerotic plaque.
- Aids Digestion: Extra virgin olive oil also aids the digestive process. The consumption of two tablespoons each day has been identified as the optimal amount to attain maximum benefit.
Flavor Your Life, a campaign supported by the European Union, Unaprol and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news and health information about European extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil enhances the flavors of your recipes while providing health benefits. Flavor Your Life, the voice of extra virgin olive oil production quality control, aims to educate consumers so they can make informed decisions when purchasing extra virgin olive oil.