New York, NY (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), the world’s largest nutrition school, is proud to announce that it will be holding its next live conference the weekend of May 4-5, 2013 at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City.
The conference, designed to inspire students of the Health Coach Training Program to improve their health and launch successful practices as Health Coaches, will feature Integrative Nutrition Founder, Director, and Primary Teacher Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, and the following keynote speakers:
- Andrew Weil, MD: Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, Dr. Weil is an integrative medicine expert and provides a unique approach to healthcare that encompasses body, mind, and spirit.
- Dan Buettner: Internationally recognized researcher, explorer, and bestselling author, Buettner founded Blue Zones, a company that puts the world’s best practices in longevity and wellbeing to work in people’s lives.
- Donna Gates: Nutritional consultant, author, and lecturer, Gates has helped thousands of people overcome candidiasis and other immune system disorders through her book The Body Ecology Diet.
- Alexandra Jamieson: A 2003 graduate of Integrative Nutrition, Jamieson was featured in the documentary Super Size Me and is the author of Vegan Cooking for Dummies and The Great American Detox Diet.
- Christine Hassler: A life coach known for inspiring radical self-reflection, Hassler is the author of 20 Something 20 Everything and The 20 Something Manifesto.
- Joe Cross: The creator of the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, Cross is the CEO of Reboot with Joe, a health and lifestyle brand that helps people reclaim their vitality and lose weight.
- Kari Gans, MS, RDN, CDN: Author of The Small Change Diet, Gans’ expert nutrition advice has been featured The Dr. Oz Show, Good Morning America, ABC News, and more.
- Michael Ellsberg: A 2009 graduate of Integrative Nutrition, Ellsberg is the author of The Education of Millionaires: It’s Not What You Think and The Power of Eye Contact: Your Secret for Success in Business, Love, and Life.
“I am thrilled to speak at this upcoming conference and connect with the Integrative Nutrition community,” said Buettner. “My National Geographic research shows that we can live a longer and healthier life if we nurture social networks, consume a plant-based diet, take time to downshift, and incorporate daily natural physical activity into our lives. It’s about setting up your environment to make day-to-day changes and sticking to them consistently. That’s where Health Coaches come in – they can help people take charge of their health and develop habits so that they look and feel better at every age.”
The conference is open to select classes of current students for live attendance; all other Integrative Nutrition students and graduates can view the conference via Live Stream from the comfort of their own computer or mobile device. Select sessions of the conference will also be accessible for the general public to view online.
“I am excited to offer everyone live access to select sessions of our upcoming conference,” said Rosenthal. “Integrative Nutrition’s live events are full of such incredible energy, so I encourage anyone who’s passionate about health and wellness to watch and get inspired to become the healthiest, happiest versions of themselves.”
About The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN)
Founded by Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, in 1992, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition has grown from a small classroom of passionate individuals to a global community of nearly 34,000 students and graduates in 106 countries worldwide. Its flagship course, the Health Coach Training Program, teaches students to become successful Health Coaches who can effect positive, long-lasting change. The school’s unique curriculum teaches a wide variety of skills in health coaching, nutrition education, business management, and healthy lifestyle choices. Visit http://www.integrativenutrition.com for more information