Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) April 12, 2013
On April 12, Yumi Media, a food website devoted to delivering the latest and greatest in food news, recipes, and products to incorporate into your own healthy lifestyle, responds to an article published on Fox News regarding the 10 best spring food festivals all across America.
According to the Fox News article, there are food festivals held all across America during the spring, but these 10 stand out above the rest:
- New Orleans Wine & Food Experience- The festival offers a sampling of over 75 NOLA restaurants.
- Mississippi Coast Coliseum Crawfish Music Festival- This festival lasts for two weekends, and ends with the famous Coast Crawfish Cook-off.
- Pungo Strawberry Festival- This food festival, found in Virginia, offers food lovers the chance to try strawberries in over 50 different ways.
- National Cornbread Festival- The National Cornbread Festival in Tennessee offers food lovers the chance to experience different styles of cornbread.
- Vegas Uncork’d- The festival is a combination of celebrity chefs and parties.
- Food & Wine Classic- There are more than 80 cooking demonstrations, wine seminars, and panel discussions at this festival.
- Annual Italian Market Festival- This festival in Philadelphia is an Italian food lover’s dream. From freshly made cannoli’s, to vendors drawn in from China and the Middle East, this festival has everything an Italian food lover could want, and much more.
- The Austin Food & Wine Festival- This festival in Texas is a weekend full of celebrity chefs, music, and whiskey tastings.
- Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival- Held in North Carolina, this festival is famous for its “Grillin & Chillin”, North Carolina barbecue combined with Alaskan salmon, scallops, and crab.
- Memphis World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest- What better way to celebrate spring that with a BBQ contest? 250 teams enter, and the grand prize is $100,000 awarded to the team who smokes the best pork.
Yumi Media representative Justin Maas released a comment on the top 10 festivals. “This is a great listing of food festivals across America, and really shows how the country is a melting pot even when it comes to food. Hopefully some of these festivals serve a great vegetarian option like Quorn.”
Yumi Media is a food website devoted to delivering the latest and greatest in food news, recipes, and products to incorporate into your own healthy lifestyle. Launched in 2012, Yumi Media was founded by a group of friends as a way to explore their mutual love of food while sharing that love with the community at large. Whether you’re looking for something cutting-edge, like Quorn, or comfort food like mom used to make or something in between, Yumi Media is your one-stop resource.