The team discovered 380 parts per million, just under the 400- 600 bracket that can cause people to lose consciousness.
(PRWEB UK) 16 April 2013
It has been reported in St Helens Star that the incident occurred in Whiston, with the family made aware of the situation by their audible carbon monoxide detector. Crews attended the house, using special equipment to check CO levels. The team discovered 380 parts per million, just under the 400- 600 bracket that can cause people to lose consciousness.
It comes following a similar incident in which fire fighters were called to a house in Wargrave Road where an elderly man showed symptoms of poisoning. The events have prompted fire appliances in the area to take part in a project highlight the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Known for their Forest Hill Plumbers, We Fix Now also offers a number of Gas Safe Registered engineers, who specialise in boiler repairs as well as the installation and maintenance of kitchen appliances such as ovens and washing machines. Striving to increase gas safety in the home, naturally the team were concerned by the recent news, with a representative sharing their thoughts on the matter.
“It’s fortunate that this lady had an audible detector fitted, however this should never be a substitute for getting boilers and household appliances installed maintained and repaired by a fully qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer such as those offered by We Fix Now.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency plumbers and electricians throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.